Has anyone heard of Stryker radios?

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Roadhound, May 3, 2007.

1. Shinagamei

Shinagamei Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Houston, TX
    if you mean that am/fm/ssb switch i got that disabled and stuck on am about a week after i bought it as i knew i wasnt gonna run a amp and he made it sound like that was for a amp(which i learned is bs since then but hey it was a good way to keep me off them tharr uddder bands)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    I think he was talking about a BAND switch not MODE . As for UDDER bands unless your a cow or are having one UDDER BANDS should not be a problem.

4. Gadfly

Gadfly Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Well, I'm thinking around '76. It might be even older than that! Do you remember the one Radio Shack called the "mini-six" (forgot the model #). It was a really tiny little CB.
    I bought it on one of those clearance sales Rat Shack used to run. Had it ever since. (And they say Radio Shack was all junk!) You're right; you bought crystals for each channel you wanted to run. I've only got 2-3 crystals in it. Still got the original book and schematic! I never use the mike, just listen for traffic tie-ups. Got one of those super "gittin'-out" window mount antennas for it. That shows how much I care about being "loud and proud". Actually, I don't WANT to have a super- high gain antenna: I can MAKE a "big coil" antenna if I want to!!! I can't stand all the noise and hash, etc!:biggrin_25513: :biggrin_2559:

GF

5. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida

YEP had several of them ... Radio shack made some good stuff too look at how many HTX-10's are still on the air EVEN after CBers bought them by the thousands and DISTROYED them tring to mod them to go on CB ... :biggrin_25513: THEY CANNOT BE MODDED THEY ARE NOT MAG-257's

Now Radio shack coax is JUNK I would not even use it on 10 meters :biggrin_2556:

6. Turbo-T

Turbo-T Road Train Member

May 31, 2009
    This must be the radio you have?

http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj/trc11.htm

Who says anything about being loud n proud? The antenna just makes the radio that much more receptive/responsive. Loud n proud comes from getting into the radio, which I know you don't do and that's ok. Really there's nothing wrong with running a 5 ft antenna. That's what you should be running. That's what I run on a stock 4 watt Cobra 21.

As for the noise and hash, that's what the squelch knob is for. :biggrin_25523:

7. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Seminole Florida
    Yep had several of them it i remember right they were 455KHZ If with NO filter .....

8. Gadfly

Gadfly Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Yep! That's IT! Had it since '76 (I believe it was: would have to look at the papework. Not worth lookin' for it). I just use to listen. It works well enough for me to find what lane to get in.

Don't need a "big" antenna; don't need to get out. I've more antennas---many of which I made in the shop--than I can shake a stick at. Little radio hears well enough for me for find the correct lane. It's neat and fits snugly under the dash. Cute little thing! Even if it were "illegal" (but its not because I have owned it since new), nobody's gonna "catch" me using it because I don't xmit. Pure stock. No whizzle stick ever been in it!

:yes2557:

GF

9. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Well I have and use a Johnson Viking white face for a base station, it is a 4 channel radio using separate tx & rx crystals. It dead keys about 1 watt and swings to 25 watts. Use a stock D104 mic. Audio is extremely clean and crisp. Very loud when you want it to be. I also have a blackface that I have a crystal based VFO plugged into it, also works well.

Compared to a COBRA, your kidding right.

10. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    I have several verisions of 23 channels. 1 is a Radio Shack looks like a carphone, I also have a robyn lots of lights and bells and whisltes, they just look good at night. I think theres a couple of midlands out there too.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.