Haul CARS!!!!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by earthbrown, Nov 30, 2007.

1. earthbrown

earthbrown Medium Load Member

May 27, 2006
    YOu make WAY more $$$ doing less driving...

I love car hauling, I have been doing it for like 6 months, make $1200 a week average, and am looking into a job where I can make $200,000 a year as a company driver.

It is a lot of work, but VERY rewarding, you make contacts in the car industry and can save lotsa money on cars also, by making friends in the used car business.

K

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. smolivera

smolivera Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2007
    WISCONSIN
    Hi,is good to hear that you are making good money,I just started my trucking carer with SWIFT but, I have been looking for a company for hauling cars I heard that they pay good,can you tell me how can I find a company like that,I am from Wisconsin.

thank you

4. 379 Peterbilt

379 Peterbilt Medium Load Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Wisconsin
    The only thing rewarding in it has got to be when ya get to drive the corvettes on and off in the parking lots. Oh wait, those get shipped special. Okay maybe the souped up pontiacs LOL.

Yeah good money, but $200,000 per years as a comany driver. No way dude.

I hooked up with a friend of mine at a stop once. He says "come over here and look at my extended hood big rig car hauler." He opens the driver door and says "Look at that, it extends inside the cab" (shrouding) LOL

5. myminpins

myminpins Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Dartmouth, NS, Canada
    $1,200 a week for hauling cars is nice!!!!

6. wc5b

wc5b Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Flint, MI
    Only companies that I have seen require like 5yrs car hauling experiance, or shady operations. I dont really want to run shady for 5yrs to get the better jobs. But good to see its working for you.

7. Scarecrow03

Scarecrow03 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2006
    In Your Head
    Check out Precision Motor Transport, or either of their divisions: Bavarian Motor Transport and Tri-Star Transport.

8. eckz

eckz <strong>"Radio Rambo"</strong>

Sep 15, 2007
    Detroit, Michigan
    My Dad, and 2 Uncles drive for Cassens auto transport out of Detroit. They're making upwards of 1.25 per mile as COMPANY drivers, and get to spend their nights in hotel rooms. They don't do too shabby, their also Union, so they will both have pensions waiting on them when they're ready to retire which is nice, not this cheap 401k crap everyone is offering now adays.

The only reason i haven't gone over there is the way the american auto industry is fluctuating lately. They'll hire like 90 guys and then lay them off in a month or two, just before they have enough time to get in the Union.

My dad and uncle are safe, though They both have 35+ years with Teamsters.

Freebird135 Thanks this.
  9. earthbrown

earthbrown Medium Load Member

May 27, 2006
    We have dealer plates, I have driven....

Corvette z06
    Audi A6 or A8 some special 420hp model
    Volkswagen GTI
    Ram with the hurst and viper motor
    numerous run of the mill cars.

And I did make a mistake, $200k was wrong I meant $120k, sorry tired, work too much...

I am home most nights, out like 2 days a week, just depends. Only ever 300 miles away from base, I love it.

K

10. rainman1971

rainman1971 Beamerhauler

Aug 22, 2006
    Pierceton,IN
    You can break the $100K mark at PMTG if you run the east coast. That's where most of the short runs are where you can make $400-$600 a day. I usually make between $1800-$2000 a week as long as I wake up in the morning and get my first load off early enough.

11. NYTRAFFIC82

NYTRAFFIC82 Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2008
    VALLEY STREAM,NY
    From what I see car hauling is preety good. I just passed my permit A class and I am looking into W/S to train and start up. I have a newborn baby girl and a two year old girl. I am also married so I know that otr will be tough for my family. But you have to pay your dues to get ahead in this business. I really want to haul cars I LOVE CARS!!!!. Is is hard to open up your own car hauling business or is it better to become O/O for car haulers ??????

Any advice will be appreciated !!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.