Haul Fuel Eagle Transport

Discussion in 'Hazmat Trucking Forum' started by LadyHazTank23, Sep 10, 2023.

1. -Clem

-Clem Bobtail Member

Jun 9, 2019
    I've been driving for Eagle out of Knoxville for 9 months and it's my first fuel job. I don't have too much to complain about except things that are probably par for the course with most companies. I gross 1900-2000 a week but I have to work 6 days to get that. I can choose to work 5 days but would only make about 1500 because there's an extra bonus for working 6. I've heard of guys making the same with 5 days at other companies, and some guys that have been here longer that make more. But I haven't complained yet since I'm still new and don't have enough experience to bargain with. Knoxville has an $1100/week minimum guarantee, but I haven't made that little since the first couple weeks out of training. It's all load based pay so you're at the mercy of dispatch. There's only three dispatchers so you get to know them and they know you when you call. Maintenance guys are cool and I've never had an issue getting something fixed when it's actually important. Only things that don't get fixed promptly are minor annoyances. The TM is pretty chill and down to Earth. They don't micro manage you even with the cameras and stuff.

Overall I think I'm happy here. There's some BS sometimes but it's really not a bad gig.

Matt1924, REO6205 and LadyHazTank23 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NewWorldTrucker

NewWorldTrucker Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2022
    It will depend on your terminal. Each terminal pays differently and has different guarantees. I’ve heard of weekly guarantees as low as $1000 and some around $1500 or more. Based on what Clem just stated, you’re looking closer to the $1000 range. The guarantee just means if you work 5 days and run all of your assigned loads you’re guaranteed that much.

I’m in a different state. My guarantee is on the higher end of that spectrum but I have almost never made only the guarantee. I make what Clem makes but it only takes me 5 days. If I worked 6 days I’d be closer to $2300-2400. The pay is based on your loads, hours worked, experience, and extras. Some terminals don’t give a bonus for a 6th day of work if they have enough manpower.

There are competitors that pay more money, but I’ve learned talking to other drivers that they don’t get much as far as benefits. So it cancels out. We get PTO the day you’re hired, for example.

Overall, the job is pretty good and becomes easy once you get experience. You learn all of the tricks/skills to get yourself out of trouble (and there will be), you get better at getting in and out of the sites, your speed increases, etc.

The only negative may be the equipment at times and not having much free time. The equipment is ran 24/7 and not everyone cares, so you can end up in lower quality equipment. Again, great job but you have to survive those first few months because it’s a lot to process.

LadyHazTank23 Thanks this.
  4. LadyHazTank23

LadyHazTank23 Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2023
    Knoxville, TN
    Thanks everyone for all the info and advice! I officially got the job offer today and start on the 10th!! Looking forward to learning all the ins and outs of the job!!

5. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Pump work generally sucks more responsibility , load pays by the gallon and most carriers don’t charge extra for a pump. Or they insult you with a $25 charge to the truck….. Whoopi

LadyHazTank23 and lual Thank this.
  6. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Congratulations on the new job! Just take everything slow and easy, double check everything, and don't be afraid to ask questions before you take action. You'll do just fine.

LadyHazTank23 and kemosabi49 Thank this.
  7. LadyHazTank23

LadyHazTank23 Bobtail Member

Sep 10, 2023
    Knoxville, TN
    Thanks so much!!

RockinChair Thanks this.
  8. TNSquire

TNSquire Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Decatur, TN
    Most of my pump loads pay pretty well.
    Especially pump outs…. Those are bank!
    Given a choice, though, I’ll run pellets (dry bulk) as the dollars are much better and i don’t work nearly as hard.

9. NewWorldTrucker

NewWorldTrucker Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2022
    Good luck.

Run your loads, and keep your head down. Don’t ask for extra work right away. Stay off the radar. Get your speed and experience up first even if it means only getting the guarantee for a few months.

And ALWAYS call dispatch before you make a decision on anything involving products. ALWAYS. If you’re not sure, CALL. At the rack and at the site.

LadyHazTank23 Thanks this.
  10. Rastarob619

Rastarob619 Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2024

I was offered a job by Cedric today at the Chattanooga terminal looking for more information from a drivers perspective

11. TNSquire

TNSquire Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Decatur, TN
    Sent you a pm

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.