Hauling diesel tote questions...

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by jdm5596, Mar 11, 2012.

1. jdm5596

jdm5596 Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2012
    Corpus Christi,Tx

that's what i'm getting at, I honest think they dont know anything about regulations here...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rightlane4trucking

rightlane4trucking Light Load Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Mount Shasta, California
    JDM5596

I will try to keep this concise.

1. If the tanks qualify as being part of a fuel system for the operation of equipment (and is not being used to transport flammable or combustible liquids for any other purpose) they are not subject to the HMR (Hazardous Materials Regulations).

2. In order for them to be considered part of the equipment fuel system (and not cargo tanks) they must meet all of the applicable requirements of 49CFR 393.65 and 393.67

The attached pdf files are PHMSA interpretations that are each pretty close to the same as your situation.

Attached Files:

pathfinder1361 Thanks this.
  4. oilfieldtrash

oilfieldtrash Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Jones,Oklahoma
    Finally somebody that truly understands what the situation is. Good work.

5. pathfinder1361

pathfinder1361 Light Load Member

Aug 19, 2011
    miami, fl
    (c) Fuel tank installation. Each fuel tank must be securely attached to the motor vehicle in a workmanlike manner.

"workmanlike" ... seems like wiggle room.

6. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    Excellent !! Did you read ops post about the b.s. the co. is shoveling at him? I swear.......butt heads with degrees that are not even qualified to open the door.

Of course that's my interp. I never took well to threats. I can only appreciate a man telling me the job then standing back....... and if I make a mistake, let me know.....it won't happen again.

Micro managers suck!

7. oilfieldtrash

Oct 17, 2009
    Jones,Oklahoma
    Why don't you just find another company to work for if its that bad?

8. jdm5596

jdm5596 Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2012
    Corpus Christi,Tx

I like working here. my crew is ###### and I like the job. but I was just wanting to understand/get facts on the situation that they were putting us in...

9. jdm5596

jdm5596 Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2012
    Corpus Christi,Tx

idk where you found that...but thank you.I need to make adjustments to the totes on the pumps. but we should be good after that.......thanks again for the facts!!!

10. oilfieldtrash

Oct 17, 2009
    Jones,Oklahoma
    If I were you I would print those pdf files and share them with the company and your fellow drivers. You never know when they will come in handy. Which coil tubing outfit do you work for?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.