Have A few questions on Crete

Discussion in 'Crete' started by Emolson, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Emolson

Emolson Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Saint Louis (MO)
    Hello drivers, my name is Emolson and was very interested in Crete. Right now I'am having a hard time deciding between Prime, Walmart and Stevens. Im interested in Crete due to their high pay scale and the equipment they let drivers drive. I dont know the miles the drivers drive at Crete but it looks like the drivers their at least average 2500 miles every week. If anybody that is driving for Crete or have drove for Crete or know about this company well could please tell me about this company and the difference it has with the other 3 companies I have in mind.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pilottravel2002

pilottravel2002 Medium Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Tucson,az
    Wal mart better.

4. jimfletcher7

jimfletcher7 Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Danville Ky
    I can only speak about crete. i have been there 2yrs and crete is now set up so that if you want miles you have to stay out 3wks and them home. I did that for awhile but i wanted more home time so i am now home every 12 days. my miles average 2100 to 2500. some wks less because of issues. Good benifits and equipment. once you get used to how dispatch works you get more miles. they are going to what they call asset mangers in which you will have one person (except weekends and nights) to deal with. They are a good company. In my case, they have come through when i had issues at home and worked with me on getting me home. they even paid the deadhead miles. This is what sets them apart from other companies, they will help you if they can. In any job "its what you make it". Good luck

5. OFTOTR

OFTOTR Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Toccoa GA
    They have no terminal near you, if you actually live in SF. I guess the closest is SLC?

Prime will want to sell you a truck. Stevens....i think is a better deal for people right out of truck driving school, and they will sell you a truck too.

That said, i think the West Coast domiciled guys do a little better for miles.

6. Emolson

Aug 9, 2012
    Saint Louis (MO)
    Your experience with Crete sounds good. Just hometime was the problem. But if you are home every 12 days, your not doing otr anymore right? Your miles was good since you are home every 12 days. I like their equipments, I dont know how new they are and do they break down often. Paying deadhead miles is good to

7. Emolson

Aug 9, 2012
    Saint Louis (MO)
    If theres not a terminal close by, I already see that hometime may be harder for me. At Prime, I just wanted to try their leasing program and train there to, to make more money and to be able to run more and pay my lease. Since I hear they have a great leasing program I was interested in them. As for Stevens its mostly a training company, so I know if I would lease and train there, I would always find drivers to train. They are a good company to. But for Crete, I see they have a high pay scale, nice equipment to drive, and miles to drive. I dont know about their lease program. But it sounds like a good company to drive for

8. hamwiz1

hamwiz1 Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Pennsylvaina
    Ok i read there web site (crete) so i understand that my wife and son can both ride with me, is that it, what about extended family and friends (mom and dad in specific) are they aloude as well

9. Terrapin Flyer

Terrapin Flyer Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    No on mom and dad, or friends. No girlfriends either. One child allowed, must be accompanied by spouse, minimum age 4 and maximum age 18.

10. hamwiz1

hamwiz1 Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Pennsylvaina
    Man I'm not sure there rider policy is as good as they lead on, I'm not sure thats what I'm looking for, the rider policy is big for me

11. Scaredanuthin

Scaredanuthin Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Recruiting Dept. called me yesterday to tell me they changed their rider policy to include anyone over 19.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.