Have CDL, no school, no OTR experience

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by NewBeginnings87, Nov 14, 2019.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I would not mind chipping the rust off with a school truck, it will have to be a manual. Otherwise I'll just go re-up on my CDL.

However thats not going to happen any time soon, ive got surgeries that should fix the issues preventing me from being 100% in life. (Or having one at all... that bridge will need to be crossed when we get to it)

NewBeginnings87 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NewBeginnings87

NewBeginnings87 Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2019
    A little update. He's still waiting to hear something on a local job he applied for that will pay somewhat more than the job he recently lost, and which will come with state benefits as it's in the university system. He should find out next week if he scored an interview. This job wouldn't be using his CDL but it would be utilizing his considerable mechanical skills.

If that doesn't work out, I think our next choice is Jones Brothers Trucking out of Missoula, MT. He's already interviewed over the phone and they seem happy to take him on board. If the truth wasn't stretched too much, this sounds like an amazing option.

We really appreciate everyone who took the time to read and respond with great advice. I will update when we know more! Hubby isn't much of an internet/forum guy, but I have a great time lurking and learning, and sharing with him.

4. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted, okay? With the economy being the way it is a lot of older people are looking at driving as a new career.
    What you're going through and how you're handling it can help others in the same situation.

OldeSkool Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.