Have money saved, looking for a "mentor" who knows Texas

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by truant, Jul 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. truant

truant Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2012
    Goshen, Indiana
    Here are some more quotes from you just a few months ago:

"What did you end up bringing with you?"
    "What kind of schedule?"
    "Well he is.certainly getting.paid better than i was"
    "How are you nailing all these interviews? I suck at this"
    "Any chance on a referral for South Texas?"
    "Well, interview was utter disaster. Not expecting any good news from this one. Oh well, this was the risk I took.
    Need a new gameplan! Best way to get hired in the Eagle Ford?"
    "Are they looking for anyone else?"
    "Are they looking for any other hands?"

The issue isn't my sensitivity or whether I need to be spoonfed or hardened. The issue is your spectacular lack of self-awareness.

As the quotes from you indicate, just 3 months ago you advertised you made a huge mistake and were working for a "garbage" company and you weren't making any money. You came on this website and begged and pleaded for help in finding a job. Presumably, you used this great site and the information it provided you to get a job. But only after you admitted that you went to work for a bad company and had to relocate and start all over.
    Now that you think you are set... and after having begged everyone on this site for help after admitting you made an error... You show up on this site and go around accusing everyone of needing their hand held or being spoon fed when they ask for information.
    And you don't have the self-awareness or introspection or maturity to even realize how messed up that is.
    This site is designed for people to ask for and share information. You ARE ridiculing them when you tell them you think they want their hand held or to be spoon fed when trying to acquire that information.
    And your lack of awareness is just stunning when you factor in that just 3 months ago you were on here begging anyone for help after you had made a bad move which left you in a bad way.
    You would have been better served to ask questions FIRST... Like the rest of us who you accuse of needing to be spoon fed are doing... before jumping into that bad situation you found yourself in just a few months ago. That's EXACTLY why we are asking. To avoid making the dumb mistakes you made. YOU could have avoided putting yourself in that situation had you done your research first.
    NOW, after you've put a smudge on your employment record and had to move to an entirely different area and start all over.... AND after using all the information provided to you by the great drivers on this site.... You show up and go around telling everyone they need to toughen up, harden up, quit needing their hand held... quit needing to be spoon fed... and you mock them for not already having the information that they are seeking.

And you STILL don't realize how messed up that is.
    Ladies and gentlemen, May I introduce you to that guy.
    That guy, meet everyone.
    Now I know you enjoy flaming people and getting into fights and telling people they should already know what they are trying to find out. We've established that.
    But please let the adults talk and try to gather information so that they can avoid making the mistakes you made.
    Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    This pissing contest is over with.

glenn71, Arky, 123456 and 1 other person Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.