Have you changed jobs within the last six months?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by dominikmichna, Sep 12, 2019.

1. dominikmichna

dominikmichna Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2019
    Brno, Czech Republic
    @MYSTYKRACER I primarily focus on people who are changing jobs inside the trucking industry. But your story seems interesting too. Please send me a PM so we can discuss details.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. iceman32

iceman32 Medium Load Member

Sep 26, 2014
    I’m done with Trucking. I now work local as an armored messenger (CDL required). I took 2 weeks off to get my armed security license, got a basic handgun and shotgun endorsement.

If you’ve done LTL in Trucking, You will shine in this field. About 6-15 stops. $20/hr starting, paid vacation, benefits, ect..ect..

I guess I landed in a good company. Management is very lenient and they have always been understandable when it comes to renewing my paper work or if I have to go requalify at the gun range for the firearms endorsement.

I have a mountain of reasons and it’s always been the same reasons for everybody.

Lepton1 and dominikmichna Thank this.
  4. Coffey

Coffey Heavy Load Member

May 14, 2019
    I just switched job i used indeed and other site with no luck was looking for small company wouldn't have switched if it wasn't for Chinatown.
    The main reason for changing jobs were locate 1+hours away from warehouse and didn't like the food service gig to much and a side of low pay

dominikmichna Thanks this.
  5. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    I quit “trucking” for construction. Money is good and I don’t like sitting in the truck. I still drive trucks but that’s just part of my day.

I walk between 10-15k steps at work a day now. Highest is 18k.

It’s not for everyone, I sweat, get dirty get rained on etc but it’s better for me. I’d rather be working and bs’ing with the bros than hammering through Iowa or something for 600 miles.

dominikmichna, FlaSwampRat and Lepton1 Thank this.
  6. quatto

quatto Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2013
    The Bluest State
    OP...

Currently I haul diesel in the winter and jet fuel in the summer months on a government contract as part of a helicopter firefighting team.

My winter job I change more often than my underwear. I'm a senior and get, no lie, offered about 20 jobs a year when I return from the firefighting gig. Last week I was offered 3 jobs and am always on the lookout for more pay, better equipment, decent employers, and jobs that have me home every night. And yes, I'm upfront about my seasonal availability.

I know, I know....the "driver shortage" is a myth. Tell that to all my employers. I've never in my life been this popular. :)

Good luck with the research. Hope that helps.

7. dominikmichna

Aug 20, 2019
    Brno, Czech Republic
    @Coffey and @quatto

Thank you for sharing your story! I'd love to know more. Are you willing to talk with me one on one over a call? Please send me a PM.

8. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    The best jobs are rarely hiring And normally those positions are filled quickly via word-of-mouth when someone dies or retires.

9. dominikmichna

Aug 20, 2019
    Brno, Czech Republic
    I understand that. And it's true in every industry. But when you look for a new job and you're not lucky enough with word-of-mouth, you need to find other ways, don't you?

10. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Almost all of my jobs I've gotten through word-of-mouth. I've gotten a couple jobs off craigslist and usually regretted them.

11. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I just recently changed jobs, I'd be more than willing to help you out

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.