Have you made a career of doing otr

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by ronjeremyjr, Aug 9, 2020.

1. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    I personally have been doing it 40 years come Dec 12, 2020 and I love it. I run local but can go OTR anytime. I look forward to the truck everyday and feel blessed that I love what I do. I never really "work"

Brettj3876, kemosabi49 and Dockbumper Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LateNightCable

LateNightCable Light Load Member

Feb 16, 2018
    I began my OTR career in December 2019. It excites me, and I’m sure it has everything to do with my nature and current situation in life. I am a single loner with a travel bug, and strong desire to build a good material foundation.

I do realize how quickly life can pass by in isolation however, and do have a young Daughter. That’s why going owner-operator is my goal, so I can park it and pursue a homelife and other activities as I see fit. Turn the trucking into more of a seasonal or regional endeavor.

The industry standard for company drivers of 1-day off for 7-days out is no way to live unless you’re married to the truck.

Brettj3876 Thanks this.
  4. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    I'm pretty much married to my truck. Very good relationship.......beats the hell out of being married to my 2nd EX WIFE!!!!!!o_O:eek::D

Wasted Thyme Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.