Haven’t seen a thread like this. Hopefully you awesome fellas can help.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by longhavltrucker, Jul 17, 2019.

1. longhavltrucker

longhavltrucker Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2019
    Thanks! I’ll check them out. I’m used to running as an O/O in a way. I’ve been here long enough and they trust me enough so that I just have to get a confirmation on a large purchase but everything else I have to do myself, appointments, talking to brokers and customers, PM and maintenance, looking for freight whenever I want to see a new place etc. I’ll definitely miss the freedom but be glad about having a lighter workload. I’m seriously lost about accessorial pay though, are those bonuses or something??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Makeajump

Makeajump Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Texas
    Accessorial Pay is extra pay you get for loading, unloading, tarping, chaining, detention pay, breakdown pay, etc. it’s in addition to your per mile or salary pay.

Lepton1 and longhavltrucker Thank this.
  4. longhavltrucker

longhavltrucker Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2019
    Ahhh, makes sense. Thank you!!

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Or sticks a sorry were out of business note on the entry door the one time you show up ready to work. Then you are out of a job.

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It's already happened. Cass Transportation Index reported about a 70% cut in truck build orders in back listing waiting to be built And there are other large industry movements in which if you are listening to the drums in the forest among the trees getting bad, it's time to get out.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  7. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    CRX reported lower than expected earnings, that dropped their stock price over 12%. Other railroad stocks took a hit and are due to report their earnings.

The main reason for the huge drop in earnings? Tarrifs. The amount of freight has fallen off.

The RV manufacturing sector, an All American business, has fallen off a cliff. Some analysts closely watch this sector, as it is a bellwether for the economy. Folks don't buy RV's if they fear for their job.

8. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    It looks like we will be booming by all accounts up till the election at least, then it may change drastically, but I will be through by then anyway, and leave it to you guys.

9. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Oh it aint here yet. When schiller PE ratios are down in the teens or sub tens youll feel the pain. Overall markets are still extremely high.

10. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    i like your attitude towards making as much money as possible. Keep moving forward like that

longhavltrucker and MartinFromBC Thank this.
  11. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Flatbed freight is like all freight, All over the map, I have picked up at the same places and delivered the same loads at the same places and some will be getting twice what others are.

longhavltrucker and Lepton1 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.