Hazmat tanker pay

Discussion in 'Hazmat Trucking Forum' started by Mr. EastCoast, Dec 19, 2021.

1. leviant0107

leviant0107 Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2021
    Detroit, MI
    I read that on a thread here previously it might’ve been one of your posts. That’s dope.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RIVER.GUY

RIVER.GUY Bobtail Member

Dec 31, 2016
    Kingman, AZ
    I haul fuel for a major truck stop chain. Although it gets to be quite a grind sometimes, being home every day and making $104,272.71 for the year is worth it.

4. Switcher

Switcher Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2016
    How many hours/day are you working?

5. RIVER.GUY

RIVER.GUY Bobtail Member

Dec 31, 2016
    Kingman, AZ
    Usually 12-13 hrs, 5 days a week.

Switcher Thanks this.
  6. leviant0107

leviant0107 Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2021
    Detroit, MI
    figure it’s one of the two that are always mentioned here…is that at starting rate? And what is the starting rate if you don’t mind the ask?

I haul for a smaller Mom and Pop but am just pulling my experience together to move on after some time.

7. RIVER.GUY

RIVER.GUY Bobtail Member

Dec 31, 2016
    Kingman, AZ
    I am not 100% sure what the starting rate is. When starting here, we were paid by the load. A few months in, we transitioned to hourly. If I had to guess, starting pay is $27.00-28.00 (may vary by area). You do get an extra dollar an hour for working either nights or weekends (not stackable). OT pay applies after 40 hours. The dry van guys make slightly less, but couldn't tell you how much.

Neo14 and 77fib77 Thank this.
  8. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    Used to send O2 to NYC hospitals. Every time the surgeon's Mercedes was parked over the concrete pad, it leaked oil. Housekeeping always freaked out, first having to find the doctor's keys, then having to scrub the oil away...

Years back DEP response chief teaching fire science at the local community college was laughing at the NJ Turnpike authority over an overturned O2 tanker and they closed the roadway to allow the whole load to bleed off.

He said if they covered the asphalt with a layer of sand, like they did with a lot of liquid spills at that time making the cleanup expense cost skyrocket; the O2 would have been able to be dumped onto the sand without blowing Carteret over to Staten Island.

77fib77 Thanks this.
  9. super dump driver

super dump driver Bobtail Member

Oct 13, 2018
    Are those numbers after fuel insurance and maintenance or before. Do you work for a company or do you haul for different companies. Are you home pretty regularly or on the road all the time. I Sk because I am very seriously thinking about purchasing a set up for hauling fuel

10. No_worries

No_worries Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Pretty sure that's as a company driver. You own your own, you'd better be making a lot more than that.

snowman1980 Thanks this.
  11. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    So the oxygen reacts when it contacts asphalt but not when it contacts cement ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.