Hazmat w/ Felony Arrest

Discussion in 'Hazmat Trucking Forum' started by StreetRat, Apr 29, 2018.

1. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    I originally thought that too but it also mentions if one is being indicted for a certain sex offense. I don't know how they worded his charges and frankly I don't care. We're not lawyers here. He should seek those who actually know the law and what to do about it if he seriously cares enough.

REO6205 and RedRover Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I'm not sure what is in that link. However in the TSA text I posted it clearly states you CAN NOT get haz mat or a TWIC card while under indictment civilian or military. I am not sure how the people that compile the threat assessment would know, but the TSA is clear while under indictment your not qualified for haz mat or TWIC.

4. Lifechange05

Lifechange05 Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Northwest Florida
    I wouldn't waste the time on hazmat. The reality is there's plenty of other work out there. Bigger question you need to deal with is whether your pretrial release allows for interstate travel.

5. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    In the end I have to agree. If you must get haz mat I suspect it would be cheaper to just go get fingerprinted pay the fee and see. I suspect hiring an attorney is going to cost more and then you still got to pay for the threat assessment anyway.

DSK333 Thanks this.
  6. CARHAULERCAPONE

CARHAULERCAPONE Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2018
    sexual assault doesnt disbar you from hazmat endorsement. if you do a search you can find a list of crimes that do ... its things like smuggling, racketeering, murder, and transporting explosives. also dont listen to 99% of these idiots saying you need to expunge your felony. thats also ########. go apply for your hazmat and take the test and everything. you will get denied upon initial application but they will give you an appeal form. you can then appeal the denial and will most likely get approved and get your hazmat if your felony doesnt fall in the list. i have several friends including myself that have hazmat endorsements with fresh felonies all ranging from drug distribution to assault. most truckers were criminals in their past lives. look at most guys driving truck?

joshuapowell61 Thanks this.
  7. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Actually, most drivers weren't criminals in their past lives
    Where do you get your information for such a statement?

DSK333 Thanks this.
  8. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    lol. i can make you a jail house set up if you want

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.