Head rack fabricator

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Alotajs, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Alotajs

Alotajs Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Does anyone know a welder/fabricator in the Northeast thats able to produce a 1 car headrack for my 379. I'm switching over to a flat top from a standup and wanna get that extra car on there. I'm based in NY but anybody in NJ, PA, CT, or Maryland would work. Thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SLANT6

SLANT6 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    The Nut House
    You may want to make your way to GA and let Cottrell do it the right way.

Speedloader Thanks this.
  4. DonM

DonM Light Load Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Southeastern USA
    There is also a guy in Sanford, FL. Don Jenkins, "Jenkins industrial". He used to do a lot of car hauler iron work. They also build some nice head-racks in Murray Kentucky.

You might check with Rightway auto transport for reputable fabricators further north. The are in or near Rising Sun, Maryland.

5. sxdime

sxdime Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Elkton MD
    Right Way in MD used Carterbuilt in GA. We have a welder up there that can do repairs but not build from scratch. Trent Enterprises in Elkton is moving to a new shop and was in talks of getting into building head racks.
    Carterbuilt in Adel GA builds racks, T&C welding in Jacksonville FL and Precision in Jacksonville FL (formerly Robbies)
    I'm not sure about Cottrell building a 1 car rack. Can't say I have ever seen one they did.

6. GrapeApe

GrapeApe Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Romar in Walden NY is an excellant fabricator. www.romar1320.com Probably not the cheapest, but they are good, wouldn't hurt to call. Rod is the guy you want to talk to.

7. Alotajs

Alotajs Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Great! Thanks for the help guys

8. The Truckist

The Truckist Medium Load Member

Sep 11, 2010

SX, when are you gonna update that avatar pic to the new ride?

Just funnin' ya...I ran into the guy up @ the port that bought your Freightliner soon after Ronnie sold it to him...man, was he one stoked cat. Talk about a man in love with his truck! Better watch out if he ever comes across you & finds out you're the one that kept it like you did. I think he'd kiss you right on the mouth.

Hammer166 and sxdime Thank this.
  9. sxdime

sxdime Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Elkton MD
    I do need to update the picture don't I considering I have had it for over a year now!

It's all good! I'm glad to hear that he is enjoying it and hopefully he does try to take care of it! I had heard that he had curbed the trailer but that wasn't the one that I had.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.