Headed to Des Moines give me some tips.

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Roadhog84, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Ex88m/Het

Ex88m/Het Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2012
    NC
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roadhog84

Roadhog84 Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Lol George said everything they cook has gravy on it lol

4. Ex88m/Het

Ex88m/Het Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2012
    NC
  5. Roadhog84

Roadhog84 Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Day two in the books. I'm still at the training yard I was in the first group that had to stay late to do Sims backing etc. Still loving it

6. Roadhog84

Roadhog84 Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Welp made it through day 5. Yesterday we do.wished up classroom stuff and today we started load securement we will do that tomorrow and Sunday. Off Monday do to the holiday then Tue through Thursday I'll be driving and backing etc. This is the first trucking company I have ever worked for but I have alit of family in the trucking industri. These guys and this company are awesome. Can't wait to get with my trainer

7. soilderboy73

soilderboy73 Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Henderson, KY
    i just finished my first week out on the road with the trainer. its going pretty good out here.

8. flaminskeletor

flaminskeletor Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Wilmington, Ohio
    just about to leave, starting there orientation on the 4th

9. Roadhog84

Roadhog84 Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Good deal solider did your trainer let you start driving right from the get go or did you ride for awhile. Flamin you'll like it tell the truth pass a drug test and pass the test on the comp and you will be fine. By the way solider did you go home Friday then meet your trainer Sunday? And did you make it home this weekend

10. soilderboy73

soilderboy73 Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Henderson, KY
    he likes to start out for the first few hours then switch out. then after that. we run like a team. but while i drive he's usualy up front with me the first couple days. once he saw i was doing just fine he would either be on his phone or go back to the bunk and lay down. he's always open to questions. when out loading or unloading we both are out there working and giveing me ideas and tips.
    but ya after the 2 weeks of training i got a rental with 2 other guys and meet up with my trainer that sunday. but there was a few guys in our class that either had their trainer meet them up there. or another guy left and had to drive back up fri to meet a trainer. then another got a trainer that stayed out for 2 weeks at a time.
    and ya. my trainer gets home every weekend so i lucked out. plus being labor day. we got an extra day at home.

11. Roadhog84

Roadhog84 Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Made it threw oreientation on the bus to pick up the rental car and head home meet up with the trainer on Sunday and head out thanks for the info guys it was a good time in Iowa

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.