Headed to Roehl 08/07/11.

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Sincere, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Mic

Mic Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Sheldon,IA
    if you don't have your CDL the school at Roehl is 3 weeks long (if your a vet the school is free btw) then about 2 to 3 weeks with a trainer...we have just recently switched to the phases on training...I think the first bit is pretty much local stuff around one of the terminals to get you used to city driving and the paperwork and the next part is OTR with a trainer to get you used to the road and all the other stuff that goes with it the last part you will be on your own for about 3 months with a training fleet manager that will answer questions for you and help you out when needed after that your in the regular fleet and loadboards...I could be wrong on that part though..I went through the EVO system and we just recently changed to the Phase plan...although I think they are still in transition for the most part so you might get a taste of both...(FYI I was only with a trainer for about 13 days..your training with a trainer depends on how well you do..)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lantern

Lantern Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Deliverin Soda
    Your right on the phases. Just know it is a "accelerated" course so they throw alot of stuff at you. Be prepared for that. But aslong as you show you can safely operate the vehicle and know how to handle situations when they arise safely then your golden. I enjoyed training. It was fun as hell!

4. GunzFlatbedder

GunzFlatbedder Medium Load Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Marshfield
    if you go to RDTC you will now get your CDL week 2 and the 3rd week you actually do phase 1...then home to change license to your home state, then trainer picks you up for up to 13 days OTR (Phase2) @ $90 a day, then back to terminal to test out , issued truck and load home for 3 days

5. Lantern

Lantern Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Deliverin Soda
    Unless your like me and have to wait a few days for them to fix all the problems with your truck. Ended up with 5 days.

6. thunderbolt

thunderbolt Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2011
    new river arizona
    hey all do not meat to but in, i am scheduled to start orientation nov 14 in gary ind. for western reigonal flatbed. any words of wisdom would be greatly appriceated

7. Mic

Mic Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Sheldon,IA
    pay attention....

thunderbolt Thanks this.
  8. Mic

Mic Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Sheldon,IA
    so while sitting at the dollar general dc I watch a driver pull out have issues with his trailer brakes...and a yard dog comes by and opens the trailer doors and stands and watches as all these small boxes marked fragile fall on to the asphalt...he just tosses them back in and takes off with the trailer...too funny...

9. icecubetrucker

icecubetrucker Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2011
    greenville, nc
    Ok thanks for the info. Have checked with prime sounds good just not too happy about being in the training process for 6 months, or the small "lightweight" trucks that they are going to stick me in either.

10. Mic

Mic Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Sheldon,IA
    stupid GP...they are messed up tonight just south of savannah...first I was supposed to show at around 5pm my load wasn't ready...told me to leave and comeback at 630pm came back after 630pm and my load still wasn't ready...asked if I could drop my trailer and stay on the yard til my load was ready...the clerk said yeah no problem..and then gave me a number to the dock to check when it would be ready...was told midnight...so i dropped my trailer and got all cozy in my bed and watched some TV, figuring well at least I will collect detention pay...NOPE!!! hour and half later security told me to leave and park at Freds or Walmart....now I don't have enough hours to go back and retrieve my load plus I am screwed out of detention time...grrrr...well at least its an 1100 mile load...but still now i will be a day behind the curve...this always happens when I come out of the house...have not had a successful out of house load yet...

11. Mic

Mic Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Sheldon,IA
    its not the Roehl's fault...its the shippers...they seem to be running behind as of late...I also blame it on the fact that I am coming out of the house in florida which I know sucks freight wise...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.