Headed to Salem, Or

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by NorthWest Wonder, Sep 18, 2010.

1. NorthWest Wonder

NorthWest Wonder Light Load Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Gilbert, Az
    right on Y2K i wish you all the best! good luck and hopefully you make it down here and get your chance at May!

MAY ORIENTATION DAY 2:

Pretty simple, just classwork. Learning about company policies, idle time, quallcomm system, Comdata/comchecks. safety info, reall easy, the hardest part of today will be reading the Driver Reference Manual tonight to study for the test tomorrow (which i'm told is very easy), after class i sat in the drivers lounge and talked with some drivers that were there, they were all really great people who had a lot of stories to share, they didn't mind that i was a greenhorn at all which i found very comforting, it's nice to talk to experienced drivers and not be shot down for being a newbe. Now tonight is my last night at the hotel so i'll probably get a trainer tomorrow (no guarantee) but it will be the last night i'll be available to update you on my situation 'till i find another computer, so untill then i wish you all the best!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Congrats, good luck, and glad to hear things are going well so far!

4. Y2K

Y2K Road Train Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yacolt,WA
    Good luck to you as well man.
    Leona called me late this afternoon and said things are moving forward.
    I had stopped in at my old workplace earlier in the day to borrow the fax machine and chatted with my ex boss a while.
    May had already contacted him to verify my past employment.( I worked there 24 years)
    Looks like I'm in,should be getting the call for orientation soon I think.
    Good luck out there training!

5. NorthWest Wonder

Jul 12, 2010
    Gilbert, Az
    Thank you and good luck to you as well! they told me since i'm in the hotel here, to bring all my stuff with me to class today, they said they'll "probably" have a trainer for me after class, in which case i won't be able to update this thread for a while but i'll do my best. can't wait to hit the road, i'm finally starting my new lifestyle. take care everyone! i'll update when i can.

6. Y2K

Y2K Road Train Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yacolt,WA
    KTRSD!..........:biggrin_255:...........see ya on the road.

I go to Salem on Monday!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  7. xitman

xitman Light Load Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Hepefully you'll get your trainer fast, I had to wait about 2 weeks for mine, but I also live in Portland. Have fun on the road!

8. Y2K

Y2K Road Train Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yacolt,WA
    Yeah I hope so,sounded to me like I'll be hitting the road right out of orientation which I got the call for to be there Monday.
    If not I'm about 40 minutes NE of Portland so it's not so far to Salem from here either.

9. NorthWest Wonder

Jul 12, 2010
    Gilbert, Az
    well i'm with my trainer, at his house actually, great guy, offered to let me stay at his place while we wait for his truck to get out of the shop, hopefully if it's out of the shop today we'll be taking a load out of Brooks, Or headed to Billings, MT around midnight or 1am. since i stayed at a hotel for orientation they got me a trainer on the last day, no wait.

10. Dieselboss

Dieselboss Technology Contributor

Feb 19, 2009
    DieselBoss.com
    Right on man. I hope you enjoyed our rain anyway while you were here. We're about 20 miles south of you...

Best of luck on the trip.

11. Y2K

Y2K Road Train Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yacolt,WA
    Sweet,I asked about the wait for a trainer in my thread,hope I get hooked up as fast as you did.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.