Heading For Little Rock! Maverick

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by JimTheHut, Feb 2, 2010.

1. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    I picked up a load of heat exchangers. 11,600 lbs...two straps. Could not even tell they were on there. It was from Young Touchstone in Lexington. There were no directions but was able to call and get them. I sent them into the system, hopefully they will update it. I am going to GE in erie Pa. No directions there either, but I looked at it from home and the plant is huge. I called but could not get in touch with anyone.
    I will drive down there and find out where to go.
    Have a preplan picking up in Erie...no directions, going to Bley llc in elk grove Village IL. No directions either. It is so nice to be able to look up these things at home.
    I am going to have to get my phone updated to a smartphone so I can google map it from the truck.
    Elk Grove is right next to chicago, so I will be able to spend the night in Gary monday night.
    did not get 2000 miles this week, but I got over 3,000 last week, so it all evens out.
    Hope you all have a great week!

MtDewMan Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sewerman

sewerman Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2008
    westville indiana
    Well this week ran Indiana and Illinois loop 1000 miles 11 stops. Back to the plant in Michigan city and picked up a ten stopper going to Illinois and Iowa got back home Saturday morning. AC went out in the truck so dropped off the truck at Freightliner in Gary had 2 recalls to take care of too. I still think I'm going to wear out my load bar within a year. LOL hope everybody has a great weekend. And drive safe.

PS hope you guys get a good nights sleep Saturday. For the start of interrogation on Sunday. Darn it I mean orientation LOL

4. cheeseburger

cheeseburger Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2010
    southeast KY
    I have an iPhone, it's a handy son of a gun sometimes.

JimTheHut Thanks this.
  5. seawheeler

seawheeler Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Central, IL
    What are you hauling? Sounds like you are in the LTL business. Do you get stop pay for a run like that?

6. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    Going to head up after lunch to the Pilot in Erie Pa...then the adventure begins tomorrow finding the correct way into this place!

7. RickSt

RickSt Medium Load Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Leesburg, Fl
    When we (Sand) got back in last night, several of you were having a cook out. #### it smelled good.

8. sewerman

sewerman Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2008
    westville indiana

I work a dedicated account for central states manufacturing. I haul steel building products. I get paid per mile and yes I get paid per stop. Man I get to go to some off-the-wall places. Gravel roads, country roads, state highways, US routes are my biggest highways that I travel. I'd deliver to a lot of small towns and home businesses not to mention jobsites. The joke is if I hit a interstate I call it one of them new fancy roads with a lawn between the lanes. It's not for everybody but I do enjoy my back roads. This like taking a trip on my motorcycle but I do it in my truck. I use my maverick tractor but I pull central states trailers there set up with boxes on the sides for all my trim pieces and boxes. If you see a maverick truck: with one of them trailers in Ohio Michigan Indiana Illinois Missouri Wisconsin Minnesota that will be me. I'm the only maverick truck out of the Michigan city Indiana plant.

Metal_Hauler and seawheeler Thank this.
  9. Pegasus

Pegasus Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2011
    in the universe
    My husband had unexpected home time this weekend (got in Friday late afternoon went back to the Little Rock terminal today about 9:30 AM). It was unexpected because they did a pickup somewhere to deliver in Jackson, Mississippi and were on the way there when they (hubby and his trainer) were told to come into the Little Rock terminal because they had only had 2 home times during the 5 weeks they had been out. It was pleasant - we went out target shooting Friday afternoon and we did visiting with his family (easy to visit with them, they live only about 485 feet away from my husband and my house). His trainer, Danny, said that James (my hubby) will be doing his eval testing Friday at the Little Rock terminal so he will have home time again this weekend. He will get his own truck on Sunday or Monday - he has a CB radio already that the shop will install in the truck. Hubby has told me that he wants to upgrade from the Palm Pixi Plus phone to an iPhone ASAP and wants to get a GPS sometime and a laptop with WiFi access ASAP (I told him that he is on his own on figuring out WiFi because I have never used it and asked him "Why have I never needed WiFi? What is the only kind of computer I have ever had?" He answered with "HP, Dell, Gateway, IQStudent." I said "More GENERAL!" He said "Oh, desktop!" I said "Yes, meaning, I have only been hardwired to the Internet.")

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  10. Firebird

Firebird Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Bristol, VA
    Hey guys,

Just thought I would pop in and see how things are going at Maverick.

From what I am reading it seems like things are about like normal. Jim is running hard, Sewerman is...well....sewerman and we are having a discussion about smart phones (which by the way, my smartphone makes me feel like a dumba**).

I'm seriously considering coming back to Mav. This tanker stuff is ok, but there just isn't much work for me.

Later,

Dave

sewerman Thanks this.
  11. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    When I was with mav they had a program. If you did not get home for the weekend it lit up your FM's screen so they would know to route you home the following weekend. They would allow you extra OOR miles to make it in. That was the US div. Long haul stayed out 2 weeks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.