Heading For Little Rock! Maverick

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by JimTheHut, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Maverick pays $10 or $20 depending if steel or lumber tarp if it hasnt changed since I was a company driver. There is no "delivery" pay. Thats why you are paid by the mile. However any stops between the first and last do get "stop" pay which if I recall is $30 a stop. Ive been at Maverick since July of 2003 and you will be hard pressed to find a better flatbed carrier.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dcarroll

dcarroll Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Louisiana
    That is good to know... only thing I'm concerned with is I really need to try to make 900+ a week. So I'm looking at everything and then going to make my decision.

4. RickSt

RickSt Medium Load Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Leesburg, Fl
    It's probably a good thing you won't hold it against him. Seeing how Maverick has diversified somewhat into other divisions. Don't be surprised if someday you roll into NLR and see liquid tankers also. Maverick has started other divisions because they know there is money to be made there.

5. gunnyt

gunnyt Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Simpsonville, SC
    Hello Jim the Hut. I am a fellow Buckeye headed for NLR tomorrow eventually ending up with the Glass Div. You can probably figure from my "handle" part of my background. I am thinking of tracking my training as another perspective of the cycle of Maverick's new drivers. I have read your thread and appreciate your candid reports of your experience with the added spice of the others who share your thread. Thanks and I hope to see you around. I answer to Tim and normally wear an "Indiana Jones" fedora.

6. Firebird

Firebird Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Bristol, VA
    I've got quite a bit of tanker experience and whew!! I am so glad that you are not going to hold that against me..I was worried there for a minute.:biggrin_25519:

Yeah, Mav is branching out but it takes a while to get the accounts and that sort of thing. I pulled bulk tankers hauling plastic, sand, and food grade stuff like flour and sugar..of course not in the same tank!

Looking forward to getting back out there and throwing tarps and chains.(never really thought I would say that) .Anybody got a piece tarp and some of those nice plastic edge protectors that come out of Texas they want to give up?LOL

7. sewerman

sewerman Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2008
    westville indiana

Welcome back to the fold.

8. sewerman

Nov 21, 2008
    westville indiana
    Well this week. Did my 12 stop run down in Missouri I was nice picked up my smokes cheap. Brought a load of coils back to St. Louis. Pick that one little coil at the plant ran it over to Gary Indiana. And picked up 11 stop load going to Kentucky. Nothing but rain Thursday nothing like going six stops in another rainstorms all day. Then after my six stop wiring shorted out the truck lost my throttle at a get towed to the Freightliner shop they dried up the harness and sealed it. Got me done at 10 o'clock Friday morning. Was able to get my other five stops off good thing my last stop was at a farm got there at 6 PM. ordering me a new harness for the truck. Made it back home Saturday at one. 2200 miles and 23 stops not a bad week. Hope everyone has a great weekend and drive safe.

PS Jim is hanging out this weekend in the North Carolina. Ill be home next weekend to catch up on the board.

9. sewerman

Nov 21, 2008
    westville indiana

I was just razzing him a little bit. As one thing about maverick I wouldn't be surprised with any new division they start.

10. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!

I am sure you remember everything...lol

11. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!

Welcome aboard and best of Luck! Go BUCKS!!!! OH----IO:biggrin_25519:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.