Heading For Little Rock! Maverick

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by JimTheHut, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Evil_E

Evil_E Heavy Load Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Dexter,MI
    Hey y'all, I know everyone probably just headed out for the week, but I have another question if you don't mind. Does Mav. pay HHG or practical miles? Also, do they give you a suggested route or is up to the driver to plan his route?

Sorry for the stupid questions guys.:biggrin_2554: Stay safe out there and God bless!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    The pay based on pc miler I believe. They DONT use HHG that I know for sure and the dont pay practical miles because they let you decide routing. However you will find that a lot of times their miles are very close to practical routing. Im rarely off more than 5%.

4. DADof3

DADof3 Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Clarksville, TN
    2007 Century Class and 2009 Cascadia.

5. Danfromwindsor

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    We already correctly answered that question before. Your answer is completely wrong. Are you even a Maverick?

6. DADof3

Apr 8, 2009
    Clarksville, TN
    My answer is completely true. Go back a few pages and read where I stated that I was at Prime and was chimming in on my opinion about my experience with the LDR system. Then read forward and you will see were I was asked what year my 2 trucks where. That's the question I answered. No sure as to what question you think has already been answered by everyone else when no one else knows what trucks I had my experiences with but me.

I also never implied or hinted that I was at Maverick. I do apologize if there was any miscommunication on my part, as I thought I was being clear.

7. Danfromwindsor

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Well this is a MAVERICK thread and he wanted to know what trucks MAVERICK had,duh.

8. Danfromwindsor

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    I notice from your many previous posts that you know a lot about every company. Odd that you dont seem to post as much on Prime. Its even more odd that you claimed to be a driver for a private fleet not that long ago. So how about you give answers to questions about what you know. Not what you think you know. I can see where you nay have assumed he wanted to know what trucks you had but ask yourself why he would want to know about another company on a Maverick thread. So in the interest of not confusing those looking to hire on at MAVERICK please dont assume they want to know about Prime.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  9. DADof3

Apr 8, 2009
    Clarksville, TN
    I stated that they were Prime trucks first, then he asked about the years so that means he was asking me about Prime trucks, duh.

I do know a little about a lot of companies because I talk to drivers all the time, and read this forum. Never claimed to know all about all.

I've posted all the info that needs to be posted from my experience. Otherwise I'd just be repeating myself.

If you had actually read the post and checked the dates, instead of skimming to try and build a profile of me for your attack, you could have seen that I leased at Prime in 2009 and 2010 and that I stated I drive for a private fleet just this year. I even said in my original post a few pages ago
    Sounds like past tense to me.

Once again, the question to me was about the year of my Prime trucks. I know what years they were, not you. Therefore you cannot say whether or not I know or just think I know what I'm talking about on this subject.

I didn't assume anything...HE ASKED. Once again, I clearly posted that they were Prime trucks FIRST. THEN he asked about the years. So I don't have to ask myself anything. You need to ask him why he was interested in the years of my non-Maverick trucks in a Maverick thread...or you could just read because he told us why he was interested in my non-Maverick trucks in a Maverick thread.

You missed the point entirely. To begin with, the subject of my post wasn't about Prime's trucks. It was about the LDR system that just happened to be on Prime's trucks. I was merely giving out information on my experience on 1 of the 2 top brands in the LDR systems (Eaton's Vorad and the Meritor Wabco OnGuard) He was curious as to the years due to bugs in brand new technology. This information is helpful to anyone who read these posts regardless of what company they are at/going to. This technology is not just on Maverick trucks, its all through out the trucking industry.

---------------------

This whole thing started this morning because you did what you keep accusing me of. YOU assumed that you knew what you were talking about when you didn't. You assumed I was giving out misinformation on Maverick when I wasn't. I don't do that. If you read all my posts, I clearly state if the info is from the info I get from a buddy, other truckers, or just my observations. The ones that don't state this are the ones that I have personally worked for and know first hand.

I follow Mavericks threads because I really like the company and the people. I love pulling a tanker, but if I ever left being a tanker yanker, Maverick is the first place I'm applying.

I'm sure you mean well, but slow down and ask someone to clarify first before you start accusing. I'm not the first you've done this to, and this isn't the first time you've done this to me either.

I will not post anymore on this issue. Feel free to attack me more if you wish or move on as I am. Either way it doesn't affect me at the end of the day. I wish you well and have a great day.

Drive-a-Mack Thanks this.
  10. Drive-a-Mack

Drive-a-Mack Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Eugene, OR via Lincoln, NE
    ...right on Do3, most of us that read these threads aren't driving for the company we're reading about, but we like to learn from other drivers experiences about their trucks & systems what works & what doesn't, so I don't see why DOW was on the attack here...

DADof3 Thanks this.
  11. Danfromwindsor

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    FACT: This is a Maverick thread started by someone who hired on at Maverick to help others with questions about MAVERICK.
    FACT: The gentleman was asking questions about MAVERICK,its policies,etc to get info about MAVERICK.
    QUESTION: Why would you jump in with answers not pertaining to MAVERICK?
    Call me stupid but logic seems to dictate since all the questions he asked before and after were about Maverick,that his question about trucks was also about MAVERICK. Then again I know how logic doesnt get used much anymore.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.