Heading For Little Rock! Maverick

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by JimTheHut, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Precoat :)

JimTheHut Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DiscoKid

DiscoKid Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    What's up guys, sorry I couldn't keep you updated, T-mobile's reception is awful at the Maverick Inn. To make a long story short I just moved to the Galloway today!!! The June 3rd class was the largest class in Maverick history with 39 people, but we are down to about 25 now. My most memorable moment is climbing Mt. Maverick, I'm sure many of you made it over with ease, but I am 6'2" 370 lbs. and was the first person to go. To everyone that is considering Maverick, I can safely say that I am sooo glad I chose to come down here. All the staff and truckers that I have met have nothing but great things to say and are so helpful just like all the truckers that have started and contributed this thread. On a side note I talked to my dad today and told me he talked to a Maverick trucker today that had been driving for them for 10 years and he told my dad the he loves driving for Maverick and he wasn't going anywhere. I think that speaks volumes for this company. If any one has any questions I will be glad to answer them. Oh yeah they have changed the curriculum for orientation, now the classes are split by students in one class and experienced drivers in another.

JimTheHut Thanks this.
  4. HvyHaul

HvyHaul Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Olive Branch, MS
    I've had 4 knee surgeries all on the same knee. Have been told that my next one will probably be a total knee replacement. I am running the flatbed side of the house. I have pain from time to time. I just try not to over do it.

JimTheHut Thanks this.
  5. DiscoKid

DiscoKid Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    What's up guys, sorry I couldn't keep you updated, T-mobile's reception is awful at the Maverick Inn. To make a long story short I just moved to the Galloway today!!! The June 3rd class was the largest class in Maverick history with 39 people, but we are down to about 25 now. My most memorable moment is climbing Mt. Maverick, I'm sure many of you made it over with ease, but I am 6'2" 370 lbs. and was the first person to go. To everyone that is considering Maverick, I can safely say that I am sooo glad I chose to come down here. All the staff and truckers that I have met have nothing but great things to say and are so helpful just like all the truckers that have started and contributed this thread. On a side note I talked to my dad today and told me he talked to a Maverick trucker today that had been driving for them for 10 years and he told my dad the he loves driving for Maverick and he wasn't going anywhere. I think that speaks volumes for this company. If any one has any questions I will be glad to answer them. Oh yeah they have changed the curriculum for orientation, now the classes are split by students in one class and experienced drivers in another.

JimTheHut and jxu417 Thank this.
  6. DiscoKid

DiscoKid Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    sorry for the double post couldn't delete it

JimTheHut Thanks this.
  7. lonelyswmtrucker

lonelyswmtrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2011
    down the bayou
    was it a blonde moment or a brain fart? lol

JimTheHut Thanks this.
  8. USAF Hog

USAF Hog Bobtail Member

May 23, 2012
    Austin, AR
    Thanks brother. I've had four surgeries on my knee as well, the last one being the replacement. But everything changes when you gave it replaced. You literally have to learn to use your knee all over again, and the bones are never the same because the metal is drilled about three inches into your femur and tibia. I can never run again, which is why I was medically retired from the USAF, and small tweaks can cause major pain that lasts for awhile. I have no doubt that I could do the tarping and stuff that flatbedding entails, but at some point you have to look out for your health. I'm only 33 and don't wanna screw up my knee anymore than it already is. Hence the reason I am seriously considering Maverick's T/C division. Just wish there was more info out there about it...

9. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    We do not have anyone on the thread that is on the tc side to my knowledge. I have talked to a couple on the yards and they seem to like it ok. I also know a guy that went to the tc side from flatbed and he liked it as well.
    How you are treated will not be any different. I know that you are expected to stay out longer...but I do not know for sure.
    I also know that loading at tyson is not any fun, but that is all part of it.
    I can certainly understand why you would not want to mess up your knee...I know I get into all sorts of situations where there is stress on the knees, so you are probably wise.

But come to the tc side...it is still Maverick!

10. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    I am on my way to strongsville Oh to deliver steel from Nucor down in Memphis TN. I deliver tomorrow morning at 0800 and then come back home. I then have a preplan for pick up at charter steel in Cuyahoga heights Oh going down to Dickson TN.

I left Memphis this morning at 02:19 cst and arrived home with 12 minutes on my clock. 631 miles 10 hrs 48 minutes.
    I ran 65 when I could until I got up to Louisville and then dropped it down to 57 until I got to cincinnati and then down to 55 the rest of the way. Had to sacrifice a bit of mpg 6.9 at the fill up in Sonora. I am back up to 7.7 on this tank which I will not refill until Monday Morning.
    I had both a great and horrible week. I am too tired to explain right now...will try tomorrow...but I learned some painful lessons which I will share to help others to avoid the same thing.:Tank:

11. JimTheHut

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    I would like to thank the person or persons who put me down as a referral and recently made their first delivery. God Bless You!

lonelyswmtrucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.