Heading for Roehl Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Shotsjc, Aug 12, 2011.

1. hindsy

hindsy Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2010
    USA
    Tank- Tebow is getting it done! I just love all the press he gets because everyone says he can't play. He won a heisman but can't play? Whatever... lol
    mic I hate when people want to fight because you root and rep your team. In 97 I went to the AFC champ game and the broncos beat the steelers. I was for the black and gold, but had my niners gear on since they played the packers in the NFC champ game.cuz d the gear on. That was as close to my #1 superbowl matchup. Some steelers dude wanted to threaten me. Man I really want to see steelers 9ersdude this year!!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dclay

Dclay Bobtail Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Roanoke Rapids, NC
    GO SKINS!!! Well another losing season getting use to that too!!! Starting Sage Trucking School in Febuary, enjoying following yalls post!!!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  4. UGA79

UGA79 Light Load Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Warner Robins, GA
    Ok so obviously this is an older post but I was wondering if anyone had any info on the van division (National --11 out 3 home) for Roehl? Mileage, home time honored, problems, etc?

5. Mic

Mic Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Sheldon,IA
    I am van national..... I stay out quite a bit longer than 11 days though (by choice the longest is about 90 days straight)...most times you will get home on time..(rarely early, sometimes late) but if you have a pressing appointment or a reason to be home they try to get you there on time...but you have to be a little flexible from time to time if its just your average going home trip with nothing pressing...its all on how well you inform your fleet manager...

Miles are decent...I can get anywhere from 2300 on the low low side to 3500-4k on the high...you should average about 2800...
    There are not too many problems as long as you communicate with your Fleet Manager (IE your going to be late....your pissing oil everywhere etc.) communication is key with this company..

6. hindsy

hindsy Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2010
    USA
    Yep communication is key and make sure you communicate in writing for anything you think you may need to have backup on...

7. Flattbedder

Flattbedder Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2011
    jacksonville, Fl
    Hello everyone i have some questions, how long do you have to ride with a Trainer for before you are at it on your on, and do you get to take the truck home with you, if not then where do you clean and stock the truck up with your stuff once its asigned to you. Thanks you guys i have enjoyed reading all your posts

8. GunzFlatbedder

GunzFlatbedder Medium Load Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Marshfield
    -Phase 1 is 8 days at the terminal, The first day is qualification day;
    you will do a hair follicle drug test and physical agility test.
    The next day you will start training: half the day is spent in the classroom learning our systems, map
    reading, trip planning, - Securement, etc... the other half you will be driving, backing, close quarters
    - You will do a road test and written test to graduate phase 1
    You are paid $600 for Phase 1. Broke into 2 pmts of $300 over the next 2 weeks (for AJudson benefit***)
    -Then you will go out with a trainer for up to 13 days and youre paid $90 a day
    -So it's 21 days straight away from home
    -Then you will be taken back to a terminal for another road test and an open book written test.
    -Then you are issued a truck and given a load headed towards the house so you can take 4 days off.
    -You will have to have a safe place to park the tractor and trailer for time off
    -When you come back out in Phase 3 you will be solo and on mileage like all the other drivers
    -except your FM is a coach and will watch over you for the next 4-6 weeks answering questions
    -and helping you.
    -Once you complete this you will be moved to the main fleet.

9. GunzFlatbedder

GunzFlatbedder Medium Load Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Marshfield
    Hindsy

how bout dem Packers!!!!

10. paoldschool

paoldschool Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Mount Jewett, PA
    Yeah, how about them... They look even better this year...

11. Treefork

Treefork Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Northeast Indiana
    Oh yeah my wife is a SuperPacker fan. Would be awesome if we could win some Superbowl tix, since it's in Indy this time. We're only about 100 miles north.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.