Heading for Roehl Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Shotsjc, Aug 12, 2011.

1. paoldschool

paoldschool Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Mount Jewett, PA
    Glad to hear things are going good Shots. The Appleton terminal is nice... Gary was like that once too, believe it or not. If people clean up after themselves, and take care of things, it will stay nice too. They have a good bunch of guys over there in the shop too, they have always done great by me. One of the best parts of that place is there are alot of good places to eat just a stone's throw away. There is a pretty good Chinese buffet over by the mall that I visited the last time I was up there. Happy trails on your run over the weekend, and keep the dirty side down!!!

Shotsjc Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Shotsjc

Shotsjc Medium Load Member

May 4, 2011
    Albany, N.Y.
    That was some of the best Chinese food I have had in years! That says a
    lot from a guy from NYC.

As for keeping the dirty side down. All I can say is that I am extremely lucky to be writing this right now! I just did my last load check at a rest area on 80 East, just before Sandusky, OH. I start back out on 80 and was going to go up 2 more rest areas before I shut it down for the night, and all of a sudden I hit black ice.

The truck went all squirrelly on me. How I didn't lose it I do not know. I mean it was close to being really bad. The steering wheel was useless for a few seconds. Thankfully no one was besides me or I would have wrecked them. My heart skipped a bunch of beats and the pucker factor was definitely in effect I tell you.

There were people all over the place off the road. A few semi drivers pulled along side of me and gave me the holy crap look as they went by. I just crept along up to the next rest area with my flashers on and shut it down. All I can say is that I could use a stiff drink right about now! I guess left over Chinese and a diet Coke will have to do. lol. Whew!!!

Stay safe out there everyone!!!

4. TheTank

TheTank Heavy Load Member

Be careful of the ice.. It will come up and bite you every now and then just to make sure you respect it!
    :biggrin_25522:

Shotsjc Thanks this.
  5. Mic

Mic Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Sheldon,IA
    Hot #### shots...be careful out there...the worst I have to deal with right now is the smell of a paper plant (in Florida...that sun and 70s was killer today LOL) that I have been sitting at since 3 am...but I will be going back north to Canada when this load becomes ready...

good drivin shots..good drivin..

Shotsjc Thanks this.
  6. FlatbedTexan

FlatbedTexan Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Greenville, TX
    Hey shots, did your fortune cookie say anything about the ice?
    Glad you made it. Be safe.

Shotsjc Thanks this.
  7. GunzFlatbedder

GunzFlatbedder Medium Load Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Marshfield
    makes Shots wanna drive nites for the rest of the winter...

8. bandit58

bandit58 Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Seattle, Washington
    Black Ice SUX!!
    Wyoming and Sisters is always good for some "sneak up and scare the ##### out of you when you least expect it!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.