Heading to Millington, TN for training with Swift

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by JpattTrucker, Aug 7, 2013.

1. mklong34

mklong34 Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Got any news for us? Hows it going?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dv8

dv8 Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Detroit, Mi
    I start class on the 26th @ Millington, TN

4. JpattTrucker

JpattTrucker Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2013
    London, KY
    Sorry for taking so long to update you all. I just finished my second week and evaluated out... I'll be honest, It was much harder than I thought it would be and it it took everything in me to get through it. I lost probably half of my classmates along the way and probably another half of what was left didn't pass their evaluation... I've had some really good times and some bad times. The training here really comes down to if you can watch someone make a maneuver and learn to do it by yourself. There's only 2 instructors total, so all that 1 to 4 ratio is bs. You will literally have to learn by trial and error. Would I recommend it? Yes, but as a last last last resort. I watched a million people say go to a private school and I never really understood why but now I fully understand. It's all about money with company paid training, you will be put through the grinder and it'll be up to you to make it to the end. I may sound like I'm complaining but I'm not, the instructors are cool, Dee is a great person and makes it less stressful but there's only one Dee. I really don't know what else to say.... There's alot of threads that gives you day by day information so I would highly recommend checking them out. I'll let you guys know what happens next

5. greenhorn_trucker

greenhorn_trucker Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Irvine,KY
    Jpatt did you have to get your CDL permit before heading down? My recruiter is making me and now I'm having to wait on my CDL app and self certification from the state.

6. dv8

dv8 Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Detroit, Mi
    They will make you take all 3 written tests anyway. Iowa doesn't let you transfer a permit.

7. JpattTrucker

Aug 7, 2013
    London, KY
    Yeah bro, Some people come without it and got sent home so be sure to get it.

8. dv8

dv8 Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Detroit, Mi
    Get sent home from where?

9. JpattTrucker

Aug 7, 2013
    London, KY
    Some guys come to the academy in Millington without a permit because for some reason their recruiter told them to and they got sent back home and told they could come back after they got their cdl.

10. greenhorn_trucker

greenhorn_trucker Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Irvine,KY
    how long did it take you get your letter from the state saying you could go take your permit test after doing the CDL app and self certification?

11. JpattTrucker

Aug 7, 2013
    London, KY
    Don't wait, call them and I didn't need the letter. Call frankfort and they'll do it right there while your on the phone and after that you'll be on the system and won't need the letter.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.