Heading to oreientation for "Good News Trucking Corp." Will Update Regularly

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by dustin4841, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Gin86

Gin86 Light Load Member

Nov 3, 2017
    Huntsville, AL
    O_O holy crap that's awesome. My last boss was a bit like this. One day after Christmas she walked in with close to $15k cash and gave each of us $1k cash to stay late until every single order was packaged and ready for USPS the next morning. You better believe I stayed lol. And, before I started, she bought one girl a car since she didn't have one. She did countless other things that made you appreciate being there. Bosses like that are rare, so keep up the good work!

Dark_Majesty_06 and dustin4841 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Sounds kind of Biblical! i was thinking of the quote "The good news" preach it far and wide, either way hope you'll have some "good news" to report if it works out huh?

dustin4841 Thanks this.
  4. MazelTruck

MazelTruck Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Jersey Shore
  5. dustin4841

dustin4841 Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Suffolk
    Everything's good here honestly brother I don't have any complaints about the company or the people that I deal with in the office and the money is exactly as promised or better depending on the week. With that said today was the absolute worst day I've ever had behind the wheel of a truck in my life. I got home last week ready to chill out and take the rest of the year off and my phone rang and and dispatch said hey look we've got this killer load picking up 10 minutes from your house going out to Northern Nevada it pays a ridiculous amount of money you can get it done and get back in time for Christmas. So I contemplated it for a few and ultimately decided to do it because of the money obviously. Wouldn't you know it it turns out to be the load from hell. Wasn't anything super fancy it was just a rubber tire excavator but the trip itself was horrendous pretty much from Colorado through Utah and Nevada the mountains #### near killed me. The weather was terrible. I somehow managed to break four chains. Of course it couldn't delivered anywhere easily eat right off the interstate or anything like that no I had to get off of Interstate 80 go a couple hundred miles south on some jacked up State highways and then a hundred and thirty miles on a #### dirt road to the gold mine where the Machinery needed to be dropped off. This week has beat me up my entire body aches just from riding on that dirt road and fighting the wheel the whole time and because of all the extra headaches it's added pretty much a full day and a half to the trip so it's not very likely that I'll be able to get home by Christmas. Not anybody's fault but my own really got money hungry. I let them know today then when I do eventually get home whether it's Christmas Day the day after Christmas or whatever the case may be I am taking 2 weeks off and I don't want to hear a peep from anybody about anything going anywhere LOL.

6. nightgunner

nightgunner Road Train Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Been there done that! Learned that lesson years ago. Greed will get the better of us. Stay safe brother, Merry Christmas!

dustin4841 Thanks this.
  7. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    How goes the White Volvo Shuffle?

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  8. dustin4841

Dec 11, 2012
    Suffolk
    What lol ? What white Volvo

9. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Just an easy name for Russian 1099 companies out of Chicago.

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  10. dustin4841

Dec 11, 2012
    Suffolk
    Lol all is good. I'm in Chicago today picking up my new truck and Conestoga. Got 6 pickups today all heading to Tampa over the weekend

MazelTruck, baha and kemosabi49 Thank this.
  11. 94coupe

94coupe Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2017
    North Carolina
    Best thread I've looked at

Luse, Smut and dustin4841 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.