Health Insurance - Trying to get some info please

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by truckergirl008, Jan 17, 2015.

1. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Insurance is one area covered very well in orientation. I don't have my employee handbook right here (and I don't need their coverage because I have insurance through my retirement plan), but the rates seemed reasonable and limitations not that bad. They also offer stand-alone vision and dental, which isn't something you see offered.

And they have issues, but if you understand and accept what Western is going in and put up with the crap for as long as it takes, you can make a living here pulling flatbeds. I don't know anything about the van division since I'm not in it. The trucks are not in bad shape and they are going all-auto in the next 2-3 years.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DenaliDad

Just let the haters hate. They're going to anyway.

4. DenaliDad

Also, many companies do not share specific benefit information to a caller on the phone. It's a competitive issue to protect their information. The benefit information at Western is very well covered in orientation with lots of printed material. They aren't hiding anything.

5. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    I think the issue there is why wouldn't you share it with a prospective hire? If that's what makes or breaks their choice of employment and you've got good coverage, why wouldn't you share it?

Its a tough call for anyone to make. It's one thing to not give specifics, but a whole other thing to give zero info.

6. oldog1984

oldog1984 Medium Load Member

Apr 17, 2010
    columbus,ohio
    call ADRIENNE at 615-846-6772 she has info in all the companys i have tall to so far their ins. is the best for me and my wife coverage is real good and the price was the best.. in all the companys so far for me and wife i have heard rates from 85 to 198 a week the 85 rate was for not so good coverage ... money is nice but when you start getting older there is other things you need.. for me and wife was told under 92 a week and its good coverage thats all i have so far. good luck

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.