Health, taking a bicycle with me to stay healthy?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Dman7272, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Dman7272

Dman7272 Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2018
    How much do those bike cost that the army use there called paratroopers bikes I want one for my truck

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Jazz1 Thanks this.
  4. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    I’ve done this many times over the years, riding a bike is one of the best ways for me to lower blood pressure, get cardio, lose weight with diet help. I recently put another bike in my truck and it’s a big 19.5 with 26 inch wheels, trek I keep front wheel off and toss bike on bunk bed. One tip is if you are in any town and have some spare time search for bike trails, this is a big change from years ago. Many cities have built paved walking/bike trails. I’m finding them everywhere.

An excellent trail is the Razorback greenway trail in NW Arkansas right off i49, theres a workman’s truck-stop south of bentonville and as you enter you have to cross the trail to enter the parking lot. Literally a huge trail right at the truck stop.

cabovercrazy, srp71pot, Coover and 2 others Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It does not have to be Navy Seals Bike Bike. Toss a any old bike onto the catwalk, strap the hell out of it and go.

Never mind the health. All that will crumble into your 50's in this industry anyway.

Canadianhauler21 Thanks this.
  6. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    Yes I know the owner of that place... great place to eat and shop... I've been thinking about a bike myself, would love to go on some trails... I'm a big boy tho 6'4.. 300.. I'd prolly need a bigger bike

7. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    Why I like Trek is they have many size frames, I’m 6ft with long arms and the 19.5 was just right. They got many larger sizes and smaller. They do have some tasty food at Workmans, I love that place hope they expand more.

8. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    i've had my Montague Paratrooper for about three years. Great bike

9. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    I did it for a while. I might do it again. I road around and had fun. Especially in the desert SW. 2B383E3A-88B2-4207-AC69-BAB2770E5D1C.jpeg 5C9B27DF-8976-43E9-9396-56C0F83E1324.jpeg

TheyCallMeDave and Tombstone69 Thank this.
  10. Tombstone69

Tombstone69 Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Jersey shore
    I love my bicycle,it's a 21speed Mongoose with a split frame,shock absorbed,telescoping front forks and 24 "wheels,offroad tires.The best thing about it,was it was free(if it's free,it's for me).When I first got it someone had tossed it because the frame was bent near the derailer and it wouldn't shift.Easy fix.I rode it for a while and realized I didn't like to ride hunched over,so I scoped the curbs and found an old girls bike with big high handlebars and a basket(bonus).Also added a taller seat post.Now I sit high up and found it's better on my legs.I used to have flabby thighs and calf muscles that weren't even visible.Now my legs are tight and definitely pronounced. I'm 6ft, weigh 225lbs and am in great shape.When I was trucking I was 6ft 3in(actually lost 3ins in height,due to surgery and disc wear) 300lbs.and felt like death.I'd like to think that bicycle helped me to get in the shape I'm in now.I definitely recommend it.It's good low impact exercise, you get plenty of fresh air and not only does it help with breathing,but also with balance and coordination.It's also getting me in shape,so I can ride my other bike,the one with the motor in it.

not4hire and cuzzin it Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.