Heartland discriminates in its hiring practice!

Discussion in 'Heartland' started by Pasquale, Feb 7, 2014.

1. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Unless you are built like an nfl linebacker you are a good 70 pounds over weight. How is that heartlands fault? More importantly, do you not realize you are basically killing yourself by shedding some pounds. Your heart is one big Mac away from exploding, not to mention the damage your ankles and knees are taking.

Richter Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 2wildT

2wildT Light Load Member

Jun 23, 2013
    southeast
    I worked for Heartland for 2.5 years, most miserable time I've had in trucking. I went through 9 dispatchers in that time (their choice) and two different terminals (my choice). If you live in the south, they bring you on as a southeast driver at the lower pay scale, then force you to run national. When you refuse, you're gone. Sit all day at customers, no detention pay. Couldn't believe anything they would tell you on the phone or face to face for that matter. No love loss. Don't be fooled by their advertisements. Their pay scale is high, but the miles are low.

Richter and Pasquale Thank this.
  4. biggare1980

biggare1980 Medium Load Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Springfield, Ohio
    Wonder if I can sue my company for mental anguish and anxiety for sending me a load that took me through all that ice and snow that went through the Midwest this week.

spyder7723 and thelastrebel Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    A friend of mine is the same as you almost, except he weighs 300 lbs. and doesn't have any problem finding trucking jobs. Right now he's hazmat/tanker driver.

zigstar Thanks this.
  6. MayhemTrucking

MayhemTrucking Heavy Load Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Denham Springs, La.
    Heck I'm 6'6" tall and weigh 312 lbs. (Started out here at 355 lbs)I'm too tall and overweight but never had a issue with a driving Job.I have hauled van. Hazmat tank and bulk (we walk on top of the trailers) some mega companies might want a sleep study done but typically that's about it.. apparently you haven't seen some of the drivers out here have you. Lol

Puppage Thanks this.
  7. Richter

Richter Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Philadelphia Pa
    I have...and i think some of them might have a heart attack behind the wheel and kill someone

8. Pasquale

Pasquale Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Lol. That's a good one!

9. Pasquale

Dec 18, 2013
    You're quite the expert aren't you..... Lol

10. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    ya cause you need to have a medical degree to know being 50 or more pounds over weight is unhealthy

Richter Thanks this.
  11. Pasquale

Dec 18, 2013
    I've heard this many times and you are telling the truth! Well spoken and I appreciate people like you who don't sugarcoat everything. Thank you!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.