Heartland express-90 day review

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Lucy in the Sky, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Lucy in the Sky

Lucy in the Sky Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2015
    heartland does have new trailers ull never have an issue with a junky trailer. the Gordon trailers are honestly junkier than heartlands. The short regional loads is absolutely correct...even the systems drivers get short loads. Loads over 800 miles will almost always be relayed. However they do have several old timers that are from "the good ol days" when russ was still alive that really like the company...however most say things like "miles have dropped off but my house and car is payed for so its ok"

They do have a training program for guys fresh out of school. I'd say if your new they may not be a bad place to do your 1 year. They are certainly better than swift jb and werner but if you have a year exp id say there are better companies out there

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Patriot

The Patriot Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
    I knew their 50 cpm ad they are plastering all over anything was a crock. Why? They are a mega copy and paste company....they all lie. All the megas might have different names...but switch them around and you would not know the difference.
    They woo drivers with new shiny trucks and what not...and other bells and whistles...
    I would rather drive a 10 year old truck and make 1600 plus a week than a new one and get welfare

Western flyer, npok, hunted and 2 others Thank this.
  4. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    True that!

The truth is most of the big OTR carries have only 400-500mile runs on the average! To keep the micro managers happy and to compensate for the delinquents they hire, most of those runs are on a two to three day delivery schedule.

With a two day average delivery and 500 mile average length you are looking at a 1700miles a week. At 35cpm that is only about $595 gross a week.

With a three day average and 400 mile length you are looking at less than 1000 miles a week. If a company gave you 50cpm at a 1000miles, you are looking at only $500 gross a weak.

These size paychecks are typical at these mega companies. Sure the recruiter will tell you you will get 2500miles a week. Some will tell you 4000 is no problem if you apply your self. Some company braggers will just repeat the same BS. That is just not true. More and more crap is being run on the rail leaving 400-500 mile runs average for these companies.

White_Knuckle_Newbie Thanks this.
  5. The Patriot

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
    If people would listen to threads like this and avoid working for these megas....we could either shut them down or force them to pay higher with more miles.

Toomanybikes, TBonze and superflow Thank this.
  6. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Amen to that, Patriot...
    This industry is only going to get worse and worse
    Sooner or later something will have to be done

The Patriot Thanks this.
  7. The Patriot

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
    Starting off this year they are going NUTS trying to recruit as the driver pool is shrinking as the last round of vet drivers retired before winter sets in...
    Notice the huge increase in third party recruiters that spam social media and now some web forums.
    Couple that with CSA enforcement already starting en mass and insurance rates climbing due to accidents.
    This year will be real interesting

carramrod32 Thanks this.
  8. Air Breeze

Air Breeze Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Tennessee
    I think the Stock Market is going into a nose dive soon. This will.cause a reduction in Freight Volume being hauled by the Trucking Companies. The competition for the remaining Freight will cause the Freight rates to drop as these companies compete against each other to maintain their share of the remaining Freight. The Companies that are poorly managed or are burdened with a lot of debt will start going out of business. It won't help the Drivers. Most likely you will see a lot of Companies reducing the size of their Fleets and cutting pay and benefits. The Bill for the Obama Administration is coming due soon and we are all going to be.paying for it for years to come.

7-UP, hunted and carramrod32 Thank this.
  9. hunted

hunted Medium Load Member

I think in the next 5 yrs or so long OTR will be obsolete. It will go more regional and local. You will just service your area of the country your from. Most companies now only give long runs to teams its just more cost effective to do so. Two bodies one truck non stop. I agree with the market predictions there will be too many companies chasing limited freight. They will start to do what a lot of hospitals are doing now to employees cutting hours to part-time and benefits.

Air Breeze Thanks this.
  10. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Well let's hope you guys are just plain wrong in your gloom and doom predictions

Sweet Willie, crosscut and hunted Thank this.
  11. hunted

hunted Medium Load Member

I hope I am wrong but you can see it changing. Slowly very slowly........... they cut little wait........,cut a little more, wait.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.