Heartland express-90 day review

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Lucy in the Sky, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    This is the same BS all these CPM companies tell their drivers on how to make money. Sorry, didn't believe it the first time I heard it don't believe it now.

It's the drivers..... BS!
    We offer 4k miles.... BS!
    We take care of you... BS!
    The planners know how you work... BS!
    The drivers just can't figure how to work efficiently. ... BS!

hunted and The Patriot Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OriginalBigfoot

OriginalBigfoot Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I'm really sorry if you guys don't know how to work a truck or the business. You know how there's always drivers happy with the company they work for... Well I'm one of them, and that's because I work the business. You don't have to believe me, I could care less! But taking the word of someone who used to work there over someone that does is, well... Pretty dumb.

And again, GTI is NOT on HL dispatch! GTI operates autonomous of HL. Yes, we pull their trlrs and yes we pull their freight, but our OTR is still intact and my devision, OTR, does no regional runs except maybe to get closer to the next load.

Believe what you want, but I have always found that the cry babies on the bulletin boards are the very same ones sitting in truck stops waiting on their 34 instead of running recap...

Voodoo Pyg Thanks this.
  4. Lucy in the Sky

Lucy in the Sky Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2015
    bigfoot my dispatcher told me last time I was at the iowa yard that they will soon start to merge gti with htld. wont be long before u guys loose those baby blue condos with apus and get white condos (yes htld is switching to condos) with opti idle. also ive heard htld planners now have visibility of gti loads. soon you guys will be just like us heartland folk, working our ### off live loading/unloading for 2,200 miles a week tops. also keep in mind those that talk about how Gordon was "one of the best" before htld bought them...if they were so freaking great y were they swimming in debt? haha

5. OriginalBigfoot

Oct 27, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I won't be OTR for 2200 miles a week, I can guarantee you that! If my miles get cut, I'll go elsewhere...

6. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    is this lilke 2200 in a 7 day period ?

7. OriginalBigfoot

Oct 27, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    The last time I was in Iowa City, there was at least 60 or 70 brand new white Freightliners in the yard WITH APUs waiting to be decaled. I'm told there are no plans of merging the two companies. Larry promised at the time of the buyout there would be no changes and with two of his kids on the HL board of directors, I tend to agree, since there haven't been any in over two years now.

8. Lucy in the Sky

Dec 19, 2015
    those aren't really apu's there a heater/ac system that works off battery power and when the batteries get low the opti idle kicks on and charges them. some of those trucks r Gordon spec'd so they might have apu's but only because htld had to buy them because of gordons old contract with freightliner. and of course they told you guys there would be no changes to avoid a mass exodus of Gordon drivers after the buy out. you guys were also told it was a merger and Gordon could back out if they wanted. perhaps you personally haven't noticed any changes but do you think they would really spring it on you overnight? it will be a slow steady process. eventually there will be no more blue gti trucks or trailers on the road. that I can PROMISE you

9. OriginalBigfoot

Oct 27, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Must be really slow and steady... It's been what, over two years now? All I see is more freight, more miles and more money. If these are the changes you're talking about, I like it!

10. Lucy in the Sky

Dec 19, 2015
    Well hey man I hope I'm wrong and things stay good for you I just have a feeling heartland will want to impose their business model on Gordon eventually. Best of luck to ya maybe I'll see u at a terminal someday!

11. TigerShark

TigerShark Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2015
    Luckily if this happens I'm with one of the last companies to give long haul. Avg 3200 miles 5-6 days home everyweek, no govern, no micro management, great cpm, and all for a somewhat rookie making more than guys with majors for 9 years. These big guys are snakes, everyone of them promised 3000 miles and new trucks, some kids bit and found out the hard way. I've heard Ashley furniture is top notch.

Also side note. Walmart docks are the shiznit, plenty of room, great areas (downtown Colfax), their receivers are top notch (lol), and if you catch it just right you can join their Walmart group chants!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.