Heartland Express, Inc. - Coralville, Ia.?

Discussion in 'Heartland' started by thekidsixer, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Mortar Man

Mortar Man Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2008
    For FYI
    The link is found in traffic world

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 1pissedoffdriver

1pissedoffdriver Account Retired at members request

Oct 3, 2008
    KC/NY
    I WISH PEOPLE WOULD WAKE UP AND SEE THIS IS THE SIGN OF THE TIMES FOR TRUCKING.....

THERE IS NO WORK OUT THERE....BUT THEY ALL WANNA BUY A TRUCK:biggrin_25512:

LLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOLLLLLL

4. Mortar Man

Mortar Man Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2008
    If I drove for gland I would get out now before 500/1000 try to at the same time get out why u can ...

There are some good companies out their for experienced hands

5. CommDriver

CommDriver Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2006
    Truckload carrier Heartland Express, in the midst of a tractor and trailer upgrade that began in the third quarter last year, said it's prepared to downsize its fleet through attrition if freight demand gets worse.
    Low demand was responsible for an 8.1 percent decline in profits for the year. The North Liberty, Iowa-based company, ranked 19 on Traffic World's list of top truckload operators, generated $70 million in net income on revenue of $626 million, which was up 5.7 percent. In the fourth quarter, a $6.1 million gain on disposal of equipment boosted net income 16.4 percent to $19.4 million on revenue that fell 7 percent to $142 million.
    Heartland took delivery of 197 new International ProStar tractors and 248 new Wabash trailers in the third quarter of 2008, and 378 new tractors and 152 new trailers in the fourth quarter. It expects to buy approximately 1,025 new ProStar tractors in 2009.
    However, "the first quarter (2009) is off to a dismal start," the company said in its earnings statement. "Freight volumes have continued to decline from those experienced in the fourth quarter. With the current economic environment we believe freight volumes are not likely to improve in the near term."

http://trafficworld.com/newssection/trucking.asp?id=49522

6. jttheone

jttheone Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2009
    byhalia, ms
    :biggrin_25511::yes2557:

vino Thanks this.
  7. BooDawg

BooDawg Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Gurley,Al
    :biggrin_2553:2

8. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA

You tell most of these outfits that you only want to run freight that has no chance of being tactically loged and you can pretty much resign yourself to being on the back burner.

Irregular route carriers focus is on servicing the customer. Not the driver these days. The driver is a tool to get the job done.

I would of loved to of been able to log legal all of the time I spent on the road, but the economics consequences of doing so would of put me on these boards complaining about not getting miles.

You want to make a grand a week or more at most OTR carriers under the current log scheme, you ain't going to be able to do it running legal all of the time. There might be some carriers that have their act together enough to do it. But for the most part, at most OTR carriers you will have to decide if you want to be on the A team at the company and do what it takes to get the job done. Or be on the B team and relegated to running the left overs.

9. BooDawg

BooDawg Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Gurley,Al
    I started driving 1988 and thought it was always normal to run till you drop and stay out weeks a time.large companies don't care anything about you.All they want is the truck to get from point A to B and keep you mouth shut.You have to dedicate your life to the driving job if you want to succeed and cover your #$$.You bet they will protect themselves and leave you hangin.Incompentent personel at a trucking co.located in MILAN TN didn't pay attention to my trip sheet with cash reciept for $300 and was tossed in the garbage.Didn't have copy made and never received full amount .Six months later I got a check in the mail for $189 with taxes taken out.Treated like a liar when trying to get my money back,Dispatched by same company to pick up load of garbage with flatbed.Stayed over night next to a dump in E.Boston.It was raw bailed garbage and stank with boken glass and wood sticking out and nasty diapers and no telling what else was in it.Had to tarp it,ruined my clothes,shoes and the smell was in the truck.Delivered it at a Ohio land fill and the ruts broke the side panel off the truck.Looked all over for a trailer wash 60 miles away and finally found one and over priced.Then she(dispatcher) wrote me up for being late for next load.I have sent off for a copy of my DAC,bet they put poor performance on there.I admit there have been times when I was late and made mistakes,but it will be held againts you and can't be changed.Better make sure you want to be truck driver.I'm done with large companies and will work for a small local one or another type of work

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  10. BooDawg

BooDawg Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Gurley,Al
    Better have another job before you quit and check your DAC for negative and inaccurate info

11. RipTide58

RipTide58 Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2009
    North Liberty, IA
    I work for HAEI now (6 months)....I am look hard to go else ware.

Baack Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.