Heartland Express (Iowa City, IA)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Coyner, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Coyner

Coyner Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Gladstone, Michigan
    I may only be 13 years old, but I know a lot about this company. I have seen their trucks a lot, and have been to their website a lot.. I happen to love this company a lot, and I really wanna work for them when I am 22 probably as an Owner Operator. I love their rates, and I will be running in the East Coast most of the time to get their Green Miles program!

Anyone else like and or work for this company and if so what do you think about it?

Baack Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. vols021

vols021 Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Good luck to you little man. Make sure you stay in school. All that stuff that you are going to study in high school, you are going to need it out here. Don't let anyone tell you any different. Guess I'll see you on the road in a few years.

4. Coyner

Coyner Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Gladstone, Michigan
    Who are you leased to??

5. walleye

walleye Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Land of Cheese
    Your a lucky kid, You live in my favorite part of the world!!!!!!!!!!.....Forget about trucking for awhile, get good grades in school...and most importantly try to get out and enjoy the fantastic fishing up there!!!!!!!!!!

6. Coyner

Coyner Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Gladstone, Michigan
    Yea I have caught some good fish up here! But like I said when I am 22 I am moving to Heartlands terminal in Carlisle, PA! If I can I will be an Owner Operator. Trucking will ALWAYS come first over school! :D lol. But I will never forget it. My dad is an owner operator leased to AM Express Inc., and he hauls heavy machinery.. I would wanna do it, but I wanna pull vans for heartland more than anything!

7. Coyner

Coyner Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Gladstone, Michigan
    Anyway. Anyone else like this company?

8. snowflier

snowflier Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2008
    I am out on lake Saint Clair and Lake Huron on a daily basis and Walleye and Perch have been very hard to catch this season. But, I can't wait to go snowmobiling in the UP.

9. Tobin

Tobin Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Dayton, Ohio
    I was going to go to work for Heartland Express, Coyner, but I ended up going with a different company. I'm glad I didn't go with them now because the path I chose led me to a company where I make the kind of money that Heartland drivers make, but I'm home every day and I have the weekends off.

That being said, if I were ever to want to be an otr or regional driver again I would look into driving for Heartland again. They seem to be a solid company to me.

Good luck in your future endeavors, Coyner, and when you get that first driver's license remember to keep it clean and to drive safely. A good motor vehicle report is as good as gold to a trucker.

10. Coyner

Coyner Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Gladstone, Michigan
    Thanks Tobin. Actually here's what I would like to do. When I turn 18, I will be a Senior in High School. So there is a 100 mile round trip that I can do after school to make some quick money. Much better than working for McDonalds if you ask me. The company I will be working for when I am 18 is called A.M. Express Inc. My dad is leased to them, but when I am 18 I am going to be a Company driver for them. I will continue to do this all throughout highschool, maybe taking different routes downstate and stuff like that, but until I am done with College, I will be a Company driver for them. Then, maybe if I have time, I will purchase my own truck and be an Owner Operator for them for a year or two. Then, when I am around 22 - 24, I will move to a Heartland Express Inc. terminal, and be an Owner Operator for them going all around the U.S. I think I will enjoy this a lot, and I have followed through with this plan for over 2 years now.. :)

11. tropical

tropical Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2007
    henderson.nc
    Conyer your just as excited at a young age as I was when I was that young. Im 18 and I graduated from highschool back in January a little early. Went and got my CDL from a local community college and had my CDL class A by early June. Looked and looked and looked for work but to no avail. I eneded up landing a job as a dock worker in July at a LTL company called Southeastern Freight Lines. I worked the dock for a month and then a spot came open to drive the switcher truck around the yard. Its not exactly what I had in mind but it works out ok. If you can find a Any job driving on the road at 18 Id jump all over it. Most companies I applied to said they wouldnt and couldnt insure me. Good luck in your ventures.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.