Heartland Express (Iowa City, IA)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Coyner, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Coyner

Coyner Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Gladstone, Michigan
    Well the company my dad is leased to told me I could have a guaranteed job there, so I know I will get a job when I am 18 for a trucking company.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. freemarketeer

freemarketeer Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2007
    phx, az
    My advice is, if you know you want to be a trucker, don't go to college. They seem to push it real hard in school these days, but it doesn't make sense for most people. If you've got a dream follow it, and make money doing it. College is expensive and not worth it, unless you wanna be a doctor or lawyer.

4. Coyner

Coyner Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Gladstone, Michigan
    Thank you Tropical, I appriceate that last post

5. Coyner

Coyner Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Gladstone, Michigan

Woah hang on there. I AM going to college even though I hate it so mich. The reason is is because if trucking fails on me, what am I going to fall back on? McDonalds? I don't think so..

6. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Coyner, I see you like KW. Hope heartland has them by then. One thing to note about them is that per a couple members, they let you choose your own routing, and have good pay.

Hunter

7. Wiseguywireless

Wiseguywireless Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Petoskey, MI
    Hey Coyner, I drive for a company out of Gulliver MI, and I know what you are talking about having the desire to drive, When I was about 10 or so, I got to ride cross country with a O/O, I was hooked, then I went to the USAF out of school, Why? I don't know, but I did.
    Then I got out and Married and had 4 kids, Trucking seemed to drop to the back of my brain, I did drive heavy equipment in my Log Home Co., that I owned, and I drove Farm equip. but no Trucking. Till a couple of years ago when I finely went to TDS and got my CDL, and Now at 45, I am finely driving. Just don't be like me and drive them without your license, If caught, It could of ruined my chance of getting one. I know that being of one mind with da yoopers, We have a tendency to not follow all the laws to the T, but It can hurt our future if we don't

8. Coyner

Coyner Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Gladstone, Michigan

It doesn't matter if they have Kdubs or not. I will drive their Internationals. The only disadvantage about them is they have Cummins and 10 Speeds. I guess I should ask them if I can get a 13 Spd! I hate 10 Spds! lol :)

9. Coyner

Coyner Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Gladstone, Michigan

Yea I hear yea about being able to not follow the rules :biggrin_25525: lol.. But I will go to college, and TDS. I am sure of that. My dad has a company called Coyne Carriers Inc., and he is an Independent Owner Operator. He is basically the #1 heavy equipment hauler in Yooper Land. If you call him he is there and he will get your equipment transported on time and in good condition. Unfourntantly i don't want to do what he does. I mean I like it and all, but really I don't want to pull a lowboy as much as it fasinates me. I will be good with Vans :D

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.