Heartland Express is doing good

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Truthin, Mar 14, 2012.

1. HappyHardCore

HappyHardCore Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Forced dispatch and yes some customers waste your time. Whats new?

michaeld019 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sniper481

sniper481 Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Wow happy you a jerk

4. slowlane

slowlane Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Crystal River, Florida
    And what do you supose happens if you deline the load? Great advice.

5. michaeld019

michaeld019 Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2012
    atlanta, georgia
    You cannot turn down loads. The only way out is if your in your grave. Forced dispatch. They sit you in inspection lane all day at terminal and when your 10 he break is up you get dispatched you have no choice.

6. michaeld019

michaeld019 Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2012
    atlanta, georgia
    You don't set you pta ever if your 10 be break is up even if your in the shop your gonna get forced dispatch. That's how the last crash heartland truck fatigue last month the truck is totaled sitting in Columbus Ohio yard.

7. Clintonstain

Clintonstain Light Load Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Sniper, Do you have your haz-mat? If you have that and your tanker endorsement you can easily get a job working a frac field. Pay is $55-$70K. No B.S., the work is regional (you're home more) and you'll start getting paid for when you wait.

8. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I have turned down loads after sitting in the inspection line and getting service done. At Columbus.
    If you say that you are too tired to go and that you have not had any sleep, all the dispatchers have been told that you cannot be forced to run the load. You just have to let them know before 1700 when you will have had enough sleep and will be available.
    This has come up with me before several times, and I had to push the issue.
    The biggest problem that comes up with it is that most of the freight in Columbus runs at night. So if you cannot be available at a usable time, you will be waiting till the next night most likely.
    This is not a punishment, it is when the freight is available at that terminal.

I have not talked to the driver of the truck that is in the yard. So I do not know what happened. If you have, then you have one up on me. I do not like to guess or speculate what occurs in accidents.
    I do know we have had a rash of roll overs and even 1 case in of a driver side swiping 2 cars in the past month or so. All were long time drivers to the company, not new guys that did not know they could not be forced to run. So I do not know the cause.

Only one time total did I have a dispatcher really push to try and make me take a load with no sleep. He would not take no for an answer and I only had the chance for 3 hours sleep. So I called safety. Dispatch swapped me to another load so that I got 7 hours between getting my truck back and having to head out on a load. I also did not get screwed on miles after doing this, as you will find with some company's.

9. JaeBro

JaeBro Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Hammond Indiana
    Delay Time driver...!
    Did you keep track of your time, then report it when you called in empty..?
    Where you "on time" for the appointment time ?
    I got paid for excessive delay time for unloading when I was at Heartland.
    It caused delivery to be later then scheduled.

10. JaeBro

JaeBro Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Hammond Indiana
    Anytime I was in need of repairs or go through the inspection lane, I wasn't on a load.
    I was also taking a 10 hour break, even to move to the International Dealer in Iowa City. Communication, you should always communicate with your fleet manager.
    Your captain of your ship, good running equipment, comes before loads.

11. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I do not go into terminals when I do not have too. I can get fuel stop changed if needed to not have to go in.
    But many do go, and many do get held up and loose loads.
    They do not pay for detention much anymore. It is like pulling teeth to get it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.