HeartLand Express Unaccountability

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by PastTrucker, May 6, 2016.

1. ilikepizza247

ilikepizza247 Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2016
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. joesmoothdog

joesmoothdog Heavy Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
    OTR
    I couldn't care less about them, either BUT my paychecks ain't been bad lately.:downtown:

4. Kasper42

Kasper42 Light Load Member

Jul 23, 2016
    South Carolina
    Lessors is way better company it aldepends what your looking for

5. Coolbreeze100

Coolbreeze100 Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Macon, GA
    Did someone say pizza???:):3some:

6. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    This has been an interesting thread. I started with Gordon 6 months before they changed over to Heartland. Gordon was a great company with many drivers who had been with them 20+ years. A month after the buyout was complete, my miles went from 3000 a week to below 1000 and I could no longer afford to work there and quit. They did away with most of their day cabs here in California and forced the OTR drivers to take the short runs. All of the drivers I knew at Gordon have left, many of them went to Interstate which was bought by Heartland last year so they got screwed twice by Heartland. They've ruined thousands of great driving jobs on the west coast. Glad I'm no longer with them, but the holes they left by abandoning customers they've screwed over has created some great opportunities for O/O drivers out here.

Being a company driver seems to get worse every year. Somethings has to give eventually. Whenever I think it can't get worse, I read here what some employers try to get away with and it blows my mind.

7. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    I can only thank Heartland for taking over IDC. I might of stayed OTR had they not bought the company.
    Now I work a 5 day work week, & have the weekends off. I sit in lots of traffic but I get paid for it. The company gives me 2 or 3 truckload deliveries each day & I'm done.
    I no longer live to truck, I truck to live.

aussiejosh and 48Packard Thank this.
  8. Kasper42

Kasper42 Light Load Member

Jul 23, 2016
    South Carolina
    @SteveScott - want a better driving job just hit me up

9. Hustler Logistics

Hustler Logistics Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2016
    I used to recruit for Hartland they are definitely picky

10. antoinefinch

antoinefinch Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Phenix City, Alabama
    That's why I don't go to orientation that I can't drive my car too, I stay in ga if it's not in ga Alabama or a surrounding state I won't go or apply and yes it limits me in companies but I have seen guys get stuck far away from home and the company won't pay to get you back home. Also if I have to turn in my truck and quit it close enough to get home with my gear without them or if my truck is going to be in the shop for an extended period no hotel I can go home! I like to be able to leave and go and not depend on anyone else. If I get their and its something I don't want to accept in orientation I can go home 400 mile limit for me,because nowadays you never know

11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That's your loss the money spent on them.

You are not going to be welcomed there and certainly not going to be paid. That's gone. Let's try to move on to the next employer. This time do not trust recruiters ever. Test them like you would test Gold off a Rolex against a scratch pad and acid.

antoinefinch Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.