heartland express

Discussion in 'Heartland' started by Wheat Light, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Wheat Light

Wheat Light Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Salem, IL
    Hello,

I've been driving for 3 years now with 2 different companies. In August my wife and I moved to TN so I could finish college. It was a lot harder to find a job here than I though, so I'm running behind on my school bill. No big deal, its not that big of school, but I won't be allowed to return next semester until this bill is paid. I am considering jumping back in the truck for a semester and half way through the summer to make some money and pay a few bills.

Here's my question: I've been looking at lots of different ads and checking different websites. By what I see on Heartland's website, I think I would like to run regional out of their Memphis (Olive Branch, MS) terminal. I was wondering if anyone on here has any experience with Heartland as a whole, and any particular experience with the regional out of Memphis. I live in East TN, but the running lanes for that office include this area. I really want to drive West.

Also, how is orientation for Heartland and where is it held? Does each terminal have its own orientation, or do you have to travel to Iowa to get it over with. And how about the equipment. I've noticed I see more and more of their drivers with the new International ProStar. I think those are good looking trucks.

Thanks for any help you may have for me. Hope I can find something out and make an informed decision.

Paul
    Powell, TN

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.