Heartland of of the West Coast

Discussion in 'Heartland' started by bobmoz, Sep 29, 2010.

1. bobmoz

bobmoz Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Rowland Heights, CA
    I was recently called by a recruiter after applying they said they would take me on board as soon as I get my 1 year experience which I'm 2 months shy of. Can anyone tell me what is the average miles out of the west coast region and how is the home time.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    Good luck finding a driver from that fleet on here. I have not seen any.

The Cali runs at heartland are done out of Phoenix AZ. A few probably from Dallas as well.
    Heartland is very regionalized. So unless you are system you will stay in the west 90% of the time. Normally you will go over one region, but not too much farther than that.
    If you are system you could end up anywhere, but you will probably never see the east coast.

I have no idea on miles in that fleet, or any western region fleet. I see drivers out of Dallas on occasion, and out of Iowa. But the ones from Phoenix never make it as far west as Ohio to the best of my knowledge.

If you are on regional and not system you should be home every weekend or at least a few weekends a month. I am not really sure on that fleet. But most weekends are normal on regional.
    If you are system you will be out 2-3 weeks at a time.
    Heartland does not do home time like most OTR company's . They will get you home weekends when they can, but you do not really request time off.
    You can request it, but it is not a formal company thing. They will try and get you home when you ask, but do not hold your breath. You will get there when they have freight going there.

bobmoz Thanks this.
  4. bobmoz

bobmoz Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Rowland Heights, CA
    How much do you take home weekly in pay after taxes, I'm at a trucking company that pays by the load so I barely limp over the 500 dollar mark a week for take home, so anything that pays atleast 700 dollars or more then then the 500 I'm currently making is better then where I'm at right now.

5. Gitty

Gitty Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2009
    in my truck
    Phoenix pay is less then the rest of the company

6. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I take home between 500 and 800 per week. Mostly in the 600 range. The health insurance is killing me. 94 bucks a week for crap coverage.
    If I stay out a few weeks I will get a little more. But I can get 600 a week and be home almost every weekend.
    Tax is allot of it as well. They seem to take out more than I am use to. I gross over 1000 a week allot. Just my take home is low. I know I will get ALLOT of that back at the end of the year. But it hurts for now.

And I will say that the pay sucks. At least for me. This is the least I have made since I started driving.
    I just am not in the mood to go full OTR again right now, and I do not want to change company's again till at least spring. So I will run another winter here, and then see how things look.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
    bobmoz Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.