Heartland Recruiting Fee?

Discussion in 'Heartland' started by upsizer, Dec 11, 2008.

1. upsizer

upsizer Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2006
    How much does Heartland Express pay its drivers for recruiting other drivers? Just wondering ... I've gotten the hard sell a couple of times in recent months ... Then I come back here and read up for a reality check.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wheat Light

Wheat Light Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Salem, IL
    $200 if you stay a week, another $300 if you stay 60 days.

I just started with them last week. I wasn't referred by another driver though. I'm running regional out of Kingsport, TN. I'll let you know how its going in a few weeks if you are interested. My first full week (this week) I made 2016 paid miles. I was also broke down all day Sunday and most of the day Monday.

We'll see how it goes. You can hear real good or real bad about any carrier you want to work for.

4. boater56

boater56 Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2008
    spring hill, fl
    Been with Heartland from may of 08 so far all is good. Made about $34,000 with them. Same as any other big company they have their faults. I run the system and get home about every other week sometimes not on the weekends but thats ok. Low miles the last 2 weeks but the economy took a dump. Always so near the holiday and first of the year.

5. bloke

bloke Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2008
    aint that the truth!

6. CkChris1973

CkChris1973 Bobtail Member

May 16, 2010
    I was told by my recruiter that she was waiting on my driving history to come back and that everything else looked good especially my employer references. She said as soon as she gets the MVR if its ok she will send my paperwork over to safety. Does this mean I have passed all the checks and have the job, or does safety do other checks as well. She said something about orientation and having a yes or no answer from safety in a day or two? I am on pins and needles, I really need this job. Any info will be great. Thanks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.