Heartland will ruin your DAC

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by HappyHardCore, Nov 30, 2013.

1. bubba mark

bubba mark Medium Load Member

Apr 9, 2009

10 + 10 + 3.5 = 23.5.

Rocks Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    HalpinUout, HappyHardCore and Rocks Thank this.
  4. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    depends on what states and how fast is the truck. Bet Heartland is governed to 62. Which means averaging 60 would be impressive. If it was say Seattle to Sacramento he'd be doomed unless it was a very light load.

5. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    I am impressed that you guys can add but you must have quit reading after that. You can do it in 20 or less just straight driving without a mandatory 10 hour break. I asked him if that is what they (Heartland) expected. I guess I should have clarified "on duty driving" hours for those of you who love to nit pick peoples post and jump on them like rabid dogs when the opportunity arises.

6. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Go the other route it's free, problem here is this isn't timely anymore. Paying might be a better action. However I'm willing to bet there is enough documentation kept by the company to prove their claim.

7. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    What did they do?

8. Flatbedn

Flatbedn Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Missouri
    Look at the bold print you typed rubber duck.

HappyHardCore and HotH2o Thank this.
  9. workinman1962

workinman1962 Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2010
    fl
    They need to turn those trucks up a little you could get more done

10. Ralph4159

Ralph4159 Heavy Load Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    I believe it's even more time than that because Heartland is in e-logs and requires 15 min pre-trip, 15 min drop, 15 min hook, on-duty fueling time, on-duty time for post-trip. I have been caught in this catch-22 several times already. I keep a very accurate recap and know the Peoplenet e-log system inside and out.

What usually happens is that after a delivery, I might have 2 hours left total (my driving & 14 are ticking down). I sit for 45 min or more (despite mt call & additional messages sent), then they send me a load that must be picked up immediately 85 miles away. Every time I call them to explain how one of these scenarios is impossible, they begin to speak in a romper-room kiddy tone "well let's see, 85 + 127 .... hmmmm, divide by ....." wasting time. They don't seem to have the slightest awareness of the 14 hour rule.

percussion and HappyHardCore Thank this.
  11. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    I'd like to argue with you, but I think that this is the same about anywhere you go. Dispatchers either don't know, or don't care about the HOS. For that matter most of the planners don't either. I know everyone hears stories about dispatchers going to jail for forcing drivers to run illegal. I say that's total BS. In the cases I've known about where drivers were running illegal, no dispatchers were also being sued. The took their statements, but they faced no penalties.

Until the industry makes either relaxes the rules a bit, or makes the repercussions for DM's as severe as they are for drivers (assuming they asked you to violate) there is always going to be DM's that push their drivers regardless of the rules.

HappyHardCore Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.