HEAVY Dumbbells in the truck?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by THE_TEXAN, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    Dont overthink man....Sometimes there isn't a scale closeby and ya take a chance with the gauges...sometimes the shippers scale is "off" sometimes the D.O.T. is just in a bad mood...And sometimes I get a load with to much fuel...:) A gallon of fuel weighs approximately 8lbs...Part of the equation with one's "haul weight". Confused yet? :) As Iv'e said.....worry about Truckin for awhile...before beating us all at arm wrestlin at the Truck Stop...:)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sonnyp

sonnyp Bobtail Member

Apr 23, 2013
    You should know what the load weighs before you agree to pick it up. It should also be made clear to the shipper how much weight you are able to haul based on your empty weight. I have carriers that can't do much over 41,500 lbs and others that can do 45,000 lbs no problem. I have one dry beverage carrier that routinely hauls 48,000.

I would never put the guy that can only do 41,500 on a watermelon load, but I use him for bakery loads every week. If you tell the shipper what you can haul and they still load you overweight, that's their fault, but it really shouldn't happen unless they've made a mistake on what they think the load weighs.

4. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Thought this was a prime driver thread,

Nevermind..............:yes2557:

Bumpy Thanks this.
  5. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    He could actually do this, I have kettlebells in my truck. A few times I had about 300 pds in total for 5 of them, had em packed in a box and a couple strapped to passenger seat. I got rid of a few and now just have about 150 pds. There are other options for pressing heavy weight without adding weight, try progressing to 1 arm/leg work with calisthenics eg. Convict Conditioning book. I've been doing this myself for over a year and am up real close to the max steps on a few exercises using just 1 arm/leg. Essentially I could bench nearly 400pds at 195 if I were to use weights and both hands, at least that's the way it equates typically. I'm guessing you are a heavy dood so if you could 1 arm/leg with calisthenics you'd really be a beast plus have super joints and tendons of steel.

mrbmg Thanks this.
  6. Quickfarms

Quickfarms Heavy Load Member

May 29, 2012
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Just use the spare tire.

If you are haul a skate board you can just use your chains.

7. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    smart move is to see what the company will allow on their truck and go from there.

8. MOBee

MOBee Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2014
    Hmm, this might be the time to start a bit of Crossfit. Walk into the shop door at the tire center and ask if you can move some tires for them. (They will probably say no due to insurance issues, but imagine their surprise!) There are the square weights that don't roll around and are less likely to turn into 200lb missiles should you need to stop quickly. Instead of carrying something that might kill you, how about these trucker friendly gyms: http://www.tatravelcenters.com/drivers/truck-drivers/services/stayfit http://www.snapfitness.com/ http://www.snapfitness.com/rolling-strong

9. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    200lb dumbbells is this ronnie coleman?

10. GrannyLanePro

GrannyLanePro Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Cascade, MD
    Nah just Kai Greene

if anyone is interested, Planet Fitness is everywhere now. 24 hours and 20 bucks a month to be able to work out anywhere in the US.

Just sharing, and happy dad's day to any dads out there!!!

poppapump1332 Thanks this.
  11. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Oklahoma
    I don't know how you feel about it, but it would be a LOT more scale-friendly to just carry a bike with you and ride to the gym. You'll get a good cardio workout, and a decent road bike will only add 22 - 25 lbs of weight. Of course, you'll have to figure out where to put it....

MOBee Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.