Heavy haul as part time business?

Discussion in 'Heavy Haul Trucking Forum' started by ichudov, Mar 23, 2019.

1. snowman_w900

snowman_w900 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2010
    So he came here penniless but bought a company for millions?

Has multiple ventures in transportation of goods (has multiple trucks I assume) and doesn't know anything bout needing the proper trucking authority?

Some things dont add up here.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    DrDieselUSA, SAR, cke and 5 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Coming from somebody that is also in the machinery moving business, I know exactly what you are talking about. We do have authority, but it honestly cost us more than it makes us, we only have it to better serve our customers. 9 times out of 10, although we are completely capable of hauling a load ourselves, I’ll hire it out, because frankly, I can usually get a machine hauled cheaper than I’m willing to haul it for myself.

I’ll admit, one the of the reasons it cost us more to haul is because we don’t do it every day. Lucky for me, I can afford to let the trucks sit if needed.

CharlieK, Oxbow and ichudov Thank this.
  4. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    The problem with trucking part time, a day or two a week that you are not otherwise busy, is that in this business you need to be ready when the load is ready to move. It will seem that everytime a load needs moved for hire, you will be busy on your own freight. You just might be able to find some customers to work with your schedule, but it may also be hard to find enough to make up the added expenditure and headache you will have.

CharlieK, Oxbow and ichudov Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.