Heavy-Haul Rates For Owner Operators

Discussion in 'Heavy Haul Trucking Forum' started by ROBERTCADAMS, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Nothereoften

Nothereoften Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2018
    75 ton Aspen quoted at $300000 from Aspen. My super b spec truck if not last year's model international($160000) would be well over $200000 with a red oval on the hood. I'm really good with a full train threw BC. I've pulled 10 axle threw there a few times and it changes everything. I have no doubt I could do the work, I also realize the consequences of one missed shift

Oxbow and MartinFromBC Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    My new trailer will be over $329,000 taxes in. Then add my new jeep i also ordered. I chuckle when people think a HH lowbed is only going to cost them 100k. I just smile, and say not even close, and leave it at that. But people underestimate the price tag of everything to do with HH. When i hear about 7 or 8 mpg trucks i dream about getting half of that. Or how nice it must be to only spend 100k on a trailer. Just the chains and binders are thousands. Drive down a road with rip rap as its base at 190k pounds, and see how much tire damage you have at days end. My HH rates start at 350 hour and go up from there. The 350 hr rate is for basic work and only 7 axles. Require me to hook up a tandem jeep and 5 axle lowbed onto the jeep, plus run 2 pilot cars then the rate starts at 850 hr plus permits and fees.

Nothereoften, Oxbow and cke Thank this.
  4. Nothereoften

Nothereoften Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2018
    A little tri rgn which is why I called Aspen was 139, flip axle, winches, and outriggers being the only options. I've got probably around 5-8000 in flatbed gear nothing bigger than 3/8" so all useless on anything bigger
    Was wondering what the rates were in case I ever need to quote that stuff

5. Reaper'sTrucking

Reaper'sTrucking Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2020
    How are you finding loads? I can't find s*** on the load boards that are worth hauling and The Heavy Haul Brokers don't want to pay anything over $5 per mile

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.