hello and 2007 386 pete would you buy?

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by Cheepjeep8, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Cheepjeep8

Cheepjeep8 Bobtail Member

Oct 7, 2019
    its a 07 with an 07, it does have a dpf which may or may not find its way to a scrap bin, not going to say. I plan to put the truck down early next year and do an inframe on it, i've already priced it out, although it doesn't run like it needs it. It worked daily until the local produce company decided they were done running trucks. These were owned by the produce co. and maintained by salem national lease, from which i can get the maintenance records.

I liked this one due to the fact it's a longer wheel base which will allow me to install a pto driven pump on and it has a small sleeper which will allow me to take overnight loads on the occasion, all of which opens up more opportunities for me to make more money, without being to big of a pain the rear to be able to get into gas stations with. Best of all..... it does all of those things while still being paid for.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cheepjeep8

Oct 7, 2019
    cm871

4. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    If you get it. And you do the inframe. Have the front cover milled or replaced. They warp at the bottom and stop sealing with the oil pan.

I was told around 1 mill miles is when they start losing their shape. Mine had 1.1 mill and the cost at that time was $3500.

5. Atlaw4u

Atlaw4u Heavy Load Member

Jun 8, 2018
    Welcome aboard. Let us know what you choose.

6. Cheepjeep8

Oct 7, 2019
    ok thanks, probably take me 3 years to put 200k more miles on it. I've been looking at used engines as well, kind of looks like you can find low mileage take outs for less than $10k.

7. Cheepjeep8

Oct 7, 2019
    will do, thanks for the welcome

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.