Hello from Beautiful Southern Indiana!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by 5190, Aug 23, 2013.

1. 5190

5190 Bobtail Member

Are you talking about not going to happen at TMC or trucking in general if it's a felony?

I've been honest on all the apps I've put in online. Talked to a girl from Celadon today and let her know the situation, she did not tell me my stuff is an automatic disqualifying thing.

No DUI's, no drug charges.

Couple tickets on my driving record in my POV, but ######... doesn't anyone believe in separation of work and play? I've hauled bombs big enough to blow up a small town for the AF for the last seven years, I can separate my work driving from play driving. Too many hands in the insurance cookie jar I'm sure has messed up what I'm sure was "the good ol' days"

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. machineman4223

machineman4223 Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Nashville TN
    Felonys are just a no go in the trucking world . I mean they frown on them a lot. TMC really does. But every situation is unique .so I would apply with Allan's every company.

5190 Thanks this.
  4. machineman4223

machineman4223 Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Nashville TN
    All and every company. Silly auto correct

5. 5190

5190 Bobtail Member

I mean no offense with this, but what is going on when a guy can't even get a TRUCKING job in this country?

A felony does not mean a guy can't move product from point A to point B.

Oh well, I guess I'll see what these folks have to say on Monday and Tuesday.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Don't worry, you can get a trucking job. Several companys hire drivers with less than stellar records. Recently Swift has been hireing drivers with some past problems & they have an excellent driving school.

5190 Thanks this.
  7. 5190

5190 Bobtail Member

Thanks for the info in the PM, Chinatown.

8. 5190

5190 Bobtail Member

Got my permit a couple weeks ago. I got hooked up with a startup in southern Indiana and he's willing to train me, pay for CDL and has loads going back and forth between Wisconsin and Florida. Reefer. I've got my fingers crossed with this. If nothing else, I'll gain some experience which will help. I'm heading out in a few days with the trainer and will be gone for three weeks. I'll try to update this but for sure I'll be around here lurking and asking questions as I need to!

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.