Hello? Im heading to Prime

Discussion in 'Prime' started by U2Exit, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. U2Exit

U2Exit Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2008
    WA and VA
    I got accepted to Prime, and I start March 25th... I want to thank everyone here for the info... I didnt really ask much, but I found your posts informative....

Nobody has posted anything new here in a week... I guess all the Prime guys moved to the Prime forum. I spend some time there too.

Anyway, I will try to update and give my perspective when I can. I have a laptop that isnt very reliable, so we'll see.

Thanks again

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snorelord

snorelord Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Springfield, Missouri
    How do you get to the prime forum?

4. U2Exit

U2Exit Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2008
    WA and VA
    Done with my training, no complaints... I chose to wrap up my training in one big chunk, so I was gone from home for 16 weeks.

Ive already taken my upgrade classes and they said when I get back I get my truck. I asked them how long should I take, they said a week, or a couple weeks, whatever I wanted. Just that I need to call ahead and make sure I dont show up on a day where they have trucks in turnaround and none to give me.

I have heard a few training horror stories, but there is always two sides to every story. The positive ones far outweigh the few.

I had a great instructor (permit phase) and he kept me on for the training phase (post CDL). If your trainer is out to "run" you can accumulate those miles very quickly (training phase is both you and the trainers miles account for your total).

I will post more updates when I get a new laptop.

5. BigO

BigO Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2008
    tucson arizona
    anyone have anything positive or negative to say about prime? I am getting my cdl and am lookin for a good co to drive for. possibly conway, watkins shepard and need some info on these guys. my objective is to run otr hopefully flat or step for bout one or two(max) yrs them try for a local job. I reside in arizona and am looking for a new backup career as my 15+ yrs in automotive refinishing has taken a dive thanks to the economy.:biggrin_2554: ive heard storys bout werner,swift etc. dont feel like goin down them roads. any help will be greatly appreciated.

6. TruckerJerry

TruckerJerry Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Greensboro Nc
    good luck there you are going to need it

7. wannadriveatruckSC

wannadriveatruckSC Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Columbia SC
    How about some clarification on why? I appreciate the advice of seasoned professionals like yourself and am curious as to what your objections to Prime are?

thanks in advance!

8. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Have 1 driver working for me that did his training at PRIME then did solo company driver for a little over a year.

He left after his wife had their first baby and runs a more local ( 500 mile rounds ) run .

Has good things to say about being there , had a decent trainer for both phases of his training , said he saw quite a few quit or get washed out during that period same as with any big carrier.

But like everyplace what works for some does not work for others so best of luck on whoever you decide to go with.

9. newtodriving42

newtodriving42 Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2008
    miami , fl
    do not go to prime, they will make you hate trucking !!!! they have no respect, they make you break dot laws everyday !!!

10. newtodriving42

newtodriving42 Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2008
    miami , fl
    i went to school at prime, went on the road for 2 months, was disrespected #### near every day. they stole money from me. i almost fell asleep at the wheel several times trying to keep up with their retarded time frames, 2,200 miles in 36 hours, memphis to denver in 16 hours.
    they pat you on the back with one hand, and drive a knife in you with the other, don't go there !!!!!

11. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co
    if you were running as a team you can make the 2200 mile run in 36 hours depending on your truck speed. You would need to adverage aprox 62-65 mph. but you will not have time for stops.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.