Hello, med examiner here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by KenleighMD, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    At least he is a doctor checking blood pressure. Some of those people checking blood pressure seem to be temp service workers that were rejected from stocking shelves at Walmart. A real doctor or nurse knows how to do a proper blood pressure check.

quatto Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Truly spoken, and duly noted. Spammed again, aren't we. :(

70’Nova Thanks this.
  4. quatto

quatto Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2013
    The Bluest State
    I agree with what you have said. However, there is an argument to be made that a single solitary reading of blood pressure which fluctuates dramatically during the day and is influenced by food intake, physical position, emotional state, poor measurement techniques, and who knows what else, should not be a final determining measure of a drivers fitness for work. That plus the very method by which blood is measured in 99% of medical offices has been scientifically proven to be of questionable accuracy.

Whenever Im forced to submit to this process I insist on being able to lie down for 20 minutes in a darkened room prior to measurement. If the first measurement isn't satisfactory I insist upon a second, third, or even fourth measurement by different people.

Just so everyone is aware, if you receive a 90 day certificate for high blood pressure (140 or higher systolic) you can go immediately to a different place and get a second opinion. If that second opinion is that your pressure is good it automatically trumps the first opinion.

Chinatown and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  5. quatto

quatto Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2013
    The Bluest State
    Your saying he was a truck driver?? ;-)

70’Nova Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted