Help 09 kw w900 Cummins

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Phillip212, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Phillip212

Phillip212 Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2022
    I have a 2009 kw Cummins isx I replaced the gear lift pump, transfer pump, new remand Ecm and re did all the fuses and relay, the truck turns over but will not start I have to spray starting fluid in it for it to start no mechanic can’t figure out what it is, my question is is there anything Im missing over forget to go over in the process

side note I replace stuff because I sprayed the side of the motor off at the cefco truck stop the truck was off during the process and when I got ready to start the truck the truck powered up but the dash went blank and truck wouldn’t start or no dash lights came on. thanks any input would help

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Anderzhul

Anderzhul Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2020
    I'm dealing with a similar issue, except my dash lights work. I know you said you checked all the fuses but double check for a fuse in the battery box somewhere or near the battery box. should be an in-line fuse, also not exactly likely but possible it is in the ignition switch (ignition wire feeds power to ECM and other things I believe) other than that check that your grounds are good and the hot wires to your starter are good

4. Phillip212

Jun 7, 2022
    I replaced batteries to and double check all connections on battery side and fuse box by batteries

5. Phillip212

Jun 7, 2022
    The dash lights work It’s just the start up and I know the jakes brakes, cruise control and manual fan does not come on

6. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    Did you ever get this problem corrected? What was it?

7. Phillip212

Jun 7, 2022
    Had to rerun wires to fuse panel box basically replacing the back wall of the fuse box

TheLoadOut Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.