Help!! C15 twin turbo MPG...

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Jeron379, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Jas

Jas Medium Load Member

Yeah it can go both ways too, anything with the speed limited modded or deleted can thow them out by a lot. I am going to manually check it when I get time. Funny thing is if it pulls good they are more willing to put up with poor fuel economy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. power freak

power freak Light Load Member

Apr 23, 2009
    What is the differance between pre acert injectors (like a 10r9057) and a 10r1000 that is in the mbn's and acerts. I converted a mbn back to a 6nz and am wondering how they will work. Thanks guys

4. mr. slippery

mr. slippery Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2009
    ohio
    i had that same engine.switched out that huge muffler for a twist flow muffler.gained about .26mpg after the switch.

5. budzo 378

budzo 378 Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2010
    hi i twin turbo also with 411 gears with same problem can i use a power harness to help.

6. pullingtrucker

pullingtrucker Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Fostoria, Ohio
    Yes the fuel temp harness can help, but stay away from the boost harness. The boost harness will take away all turbo lag, but it will cause higher soot levels in the engine. Take a look at the other ACERT and CAT threads and follow the advise in them. Taking care of fuel flow, filtration, and PSI will take care of many of the ACRETs problems.

schooler84 Thanks this.
  7. Coal Bucket

Coal Bucket Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Charm City
    accert inj are a pre fire inj, and they flow less cc's.... that pre fire term i used might not be right, but they are ment to have 2 shots per cycle... a small on then the big one.. they work fine, i have run accerts in a 6nz and 57's in an accert..... if you converted to 6nz i would get some 57s eventually, you'll gain some power and lose some turbo lag... 57's with a stock accert ecm work great, woke my mxs up.. i belive this is party because aside from the cc's (now this is just my opinion or theory) the mxs starts to pre fire the inj and the 57's dump thier whole load so to speak... instead of pre firing like a 1000 would, putting some advanced timeing in it... that mxs would sound at idle similar to my 6nz with timing put in it.... now before i get blasted.... thats just my opinion ... i'm definitly not tellin every one to rush out and do this ...and i'm deffintly not the smartest feller in the world ether....i never minded messin with my stuff conciquences be darnd....

8. rhino3hh

rhino3hh Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Jamestown, NM
    lookin for more info on waste gate adj and fuel temp wire. been away from wrenches for awhile (well on cats anyway never been a big fan of the yellow) also lookin for cat diagnostic software. gotta chase exhaust leak on twin turbo set up it only shows up under hard pull and sounds like a miss i have seen this on one other c15 with single turbo and wondering if there is something i should look for. i wanna pressure test intake are they blocking off between intake and tube and turbo and tube? any links or advise is helpful and if i can help anyone i pretty seasoned with cummins isx and n14

9. Markvfl

Markvfl Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Apopka, FL
    do you mean that $500 one on display at Iowa 80? I gained 3/10ths by buying the cheapest Donaldson I could find and cutting out the bottom baffle with an air grinder. Total cost was $126 for 2.

10. budzo 378

budzo 378 Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2010
    if i switch out the twin turbos for a single turbo and 3406 b manifold will the ecm throw a code at me or will it work ,thanks.

11. pullingtrucker

pullingtrucker Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Fostoria, Ohio
    You will also have to swap out the ECM and if I remember right the wiring harness to make the swap work. The ACERT ECM controls alot more things than what ya think. I feel the best bang for your buck is upgrading the ACERT ECM and doing the few mods that have been listed on this site and others. There are more and more ACERT mods coming out every week and these motors can be buillt to get real great MPG and still pull like a freight train.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.