help for million plus miler 1st speeding ticket in 4wheeler out of work

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by ddixson, Jan 4, 2018.

1. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    Not sure why improper signage isn’t a defense I would run with that.

How big was the vehicle behind you? Possible that the cop radared the guy behind you and thought it was you? To make an argument of this you need to get a copy of his notes to know how the radar was set and find what brand of radar he was using and get the operator manual and radar cone angle

Good luck

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SidewaysBentHalo

SidewaysBentHalo Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Atty said we’re supposed to know what the speed limit is at all times. Etc etc. He was basically wanting an easy out as if tree limbs or whatever were blocking the view.

I remember back in summer that there was a vehicle that went up on the center divider at that cross street and took out decorative trees and the cross street sign going out of town. Residents must of been beachy ever since. Im regularly getting tailgated in that area through the daytime.

Vehicle behind me was an suv and i have a pickup truck. Just amazes me that a 40 year experience defense atty wont listen to his client becaus he’s seen it all so im just another impatient motorist.

4. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    How do you know the speed limit if the sign isn’t posted properly? Rules are rules for reason seems like the tax paying motorists are held to a higher standard than the civic employees that place the signs. Better get pictures of that sign before it gets fixed

Yes you have to give the atty all the ammo and load the gun all they do is aim and pull the trigger for you. I’d find another

5. SidewaysBentHalo

SidewaysBentHalo Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Ive already got the code pictures and distance. Just have to get a dash cam and roll through at night.

rank Thanks this.
  6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    You want advice but yet you haven't been back to check on your thread.No offence but your entire thread sounds a bit off the wall.I excluded your first paragraph.I'm wondering how an officer could give you a ticket without asking for your licence registration and proof of insurance.Cops need all that so they can look up your record for any outstanding warrants or tickets.If you truely want help you need to be honest.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  7. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Really? that story is so bull #### even you don't believe it.

Toothpick1 and spyder7723 Thank this.
  8. win-some-loose-less

win-some-loose-less Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Mount Vernon tx
    if you have a Qualcomm or eld maybe it will have the data from the time ya need to show you wasn’t speeding, folks would be amazed on how much data those turds keep up with.

9. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    it was in his car

rank Thanks this.
  10. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    How far inside the drop? Possible he locked your speed before you came into the lower speed zone? Could the cop see the reduced speed zone sign from where he as sitting?

11. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    ....also, not sure about your state but here the cops have to establish what they call a tracking history. That means they first have to identify you as a speeder visually and only then can they shoot you with the radar. They are not allowed to just sit there waiting for their radar alarm to go off as they lay there sleeping. Reason for this is they might get the wrong guy.....alarm goes off....cops looks up and writes a ticket to the first driver they see whether he is speeding or not.

SidewaysBentHalo Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.