Help, if possible

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Indy12, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Indy12

Indy12 Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2015
    I'm thinking of getting into the "hot shot" business. Before I jump out there wanted to get more info, I've spoken to a few drivers @ pilot , flying j... I'm in Northwest Indiana.
    Is there money to be made? I had in mind a 2014 Silverado 3500, and still undecided about the trailer flat/ car hauler... what are the usually rates? And is this business just like the big boy rigs. Where a dispatch finds loads both to go out and return ....
    Any possible help would be appreciated .
    God bless and be safe out there.

Lite bug Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    A lot of your questions are answered throughout this section of the forum. There are many ways to address them and one persons perspective may be different from another's. I suggest reading and asking questions like your doing, don't be surprised of the differences in the answers.

4. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Your base in Indiana is a very good place to start out and get loads back to. As far as dispatchers go you would be either leased to a carrier and they would dispatch to and fro or gaining your own authority and hiring a dispatcher. A lot of people do their own dispatching or someone in the family. They will usually start out by using a load board where brokers will post loads on on the internet. Most loads will never get to the load board because brokers will call people they have worked with before. They have established relationships with each other and rely on each other.

5. Indy12

Indy12 Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2015
    Thank you lite bug
    I have read a lot of the forum
    Very helpful

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.