Help me PLEASE!! Turning around a trucking business

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Tiffy, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Mommas_money_maker

Mommas_money_maker Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    North Carolina
    This is seriously one of the best ideas on here yet. I dont know him personally and I havent done any business with him but there are guys on here that do and are. Why you arent entertaining this idea is beyond me as reading your story is like watching a very, very bad train wreck in slow motion.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
    rollin coal, MNdriver and BigBadBill Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    I just ran a 3400 mile week and am backing it up with a 3950 mile week. That's on elogs too.

Mommas_money_maker Thanks this.
  4. EHB

EHB Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Newfoundland
    Well if she is any thing like me great grand mother long ago and ya pissed her off, you would get a cast iron frying pan up side the head.:biggrin_25523:

Needless to say you did everything in your power to duck and cover and run like hell.:biggrin_25514:

It sounds like you have your ducks in a row, keep us up dated.

5. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    I'll stick around for this one. Just to see if that light at the end of the tunnel is actually daylight. Or another train.

123456 Thanks this.
  6. frago

frago Light Load Member

May 26, 2008
    NW Iowa
    Good thread Tiffy. I am following along keep us posted. You did the right thing asking for advice here. Don't let the haters and super truckers get to you plenty of fine folks here.

7. scubaghost

scubaghost Light Load Member

Mar 2, 2011
    You go Tiffy. Some people have to bring you down to their level because they can't rise to yours. Sounds like this lady you hired will help a lot.

8. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    Not to sound redundant, Ive seen mentions of credit checking which makes sense but can you also verify a business reputation in the trucking industry via BBB? Also checking on this forum makes sense but there would be a big conflict of interest.

9. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010

I don't give much credence to the BBB. If a company is a big client, they may not be as honest in their reporting. The BBB is also primarily for retailers and consumers. You can find different opinions on a company's reputation. The main thing you need to know is whether they are honest and if they pay their freight bills. If they don't have any dings on their credit rating then they should be OK. You can get a better profile on any company from D & B, if you want to spend the money.

10. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    Good point, Tiffy can also ask for 3 recommendations from a prospective broker.Even though they, the people making the recommendations sometimes have quid pro quo arrangement. I think the credit reports offer the best unbiased snapshot though

11. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    It is a good idea to check references as well as their credit, especially in the beginning.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.